Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Aevius

Aevius World Cup Prediction Champion Moderator

Ainsley Maitland-Niles

[​IMG]
    Born/age: Aug 29, 1997 (19)
    Nationality: [​IMG]England
    Height: 1,80 m
    Position: Anywhere and everywhere

I really think AMN is going to make himself a career, he's just got so much to him. He's a good passer, has a good one-touch game, can intercept and tackle, has a decent dribble and shot in him, good pace, seems calm and collected whenever he plays, knows where to be... hopefully he gets more involved as the season progresses. I most like him in midfield, where he can get involved more and make use of his many attributes.

Here's a small compilation of his time at Ipswich last season for those who want to see more... he played most often as a winger there.

Trilly, krackpot, Carlo Marx and 3 others like this.
  2. say yes

say yes Respect Me

Wasn't that impressed with him at RB. He looked a natural today at CM however. Very very intelligent performance.

hydrofluoric acid and celestis like this.
  3. Trilly

Trilly ^ If Michael Owen posted on AM

Thread title reads like an essay. :lol:

I would have gone for some kind of chef joke related to the great Ainsley Harriott. I guess not everybody can be a visionary.

Neo-Harambist and Impact like this.
  4. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

Good luck boy, hope to see you more involved.

5. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

The black regista, a true relic in the game, will inspire black kids everywhere to imitate him and they too can follow in his footsteps. He's going to be a true pioneer.

DanDare and krackpot like this.
  6. berric

berric Well-Known Member

This season's Iwobi. I knew it.

7. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

always seems to be in the right place to tackle.

celestis likes this.
  8. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

His closing speed in defence is unbelievable , so @MutableEarth was pretty much spot on about this guy.

BBF, krengon, MutableEarth and 4 others like this.
  9. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Excellent today. Loved the way he dealt with Josh Sims twice in the same manner. I'd like to see him play more in the CM role, seems a natural fit there.

Tir Na Nog and krackpot like this.
  10. celestis

Legend he is .

Trilly likes this.
  11. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Still have to see more. Was good today but was horrific against PNE.

krackpot likes this.
  12. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Love him in deep midfield. He will kill Xhaka.

Would rest midweek & then put him in the first team. What other center mid in our squad is as balanced as him? There isnt one.

Wenger was watching that masterclass of positioning, pressure & passing from the stands! Fully expect him to have the Iwobi treatment.

celestis likes this.
  13. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

^ Who were you watching mate?

14. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Our little Chris Henry looking midfield genius.

15. celestis

He's got talent as a passer for sure. I was thinking the same thing , Wenger will hold him back but he is capable of playing DLP now for a few games at least .

Garrincha likes this.
  16. Santi's Left Foot

Santi's Left Foot Sleeps in Theo's bed

This lad is doin serious bits, looks like he's on the cusp of breaking through already.

17. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Saw this coming the moment I looked at his stats from his season at Ipswich. He had a decent tackle/interception average for a winger, and while his passing could have been better, there were good signs along with his dribbling.

I thought then - and still believe - that Xhaka-AMN would be a good ideal in terms of complementary styles of play. As time went by, that got stronger. This season, he's played as the deepest midfielder for the U23s alongside Zelalem. He still has the dribbling skills that he had as a winger, but he is displaying how good he is as a passer in midfield and how intelligent he is in terms of his understanding of the game and tactical flexibility. He's much better in central midfield, where all his attributes have considerable use.

He's developing into a good ball-winner, although that area could still use a little improvement - but today was as encouraging as you can get. It wasn't the best Southampton midfield, but it still had decent players like Clasie and Reed in it, and he dealt with the promising Josh Sims with relative ease. With the composure he has on the ball, there is a hell of a lot they can do with him just in central midfield alone. Which is why I was always against turning him into a right back, a position he's only played a few times. Midfield is where he will excel, and I have no doubt that - like Iwobi - he will be a permanent squad member for the foreseeable future.

Gooner416, Trilly, Dynamic and 8 others like this.
  18. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

I wouldn't be surprised if he moved ahead of Elneny in the pecking order by the end of the season.

Walter White likes this.
  19. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Would be nice if we start producing some good young English players.

20. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

quality, knows exactly what his job is, he is secure and adventurous when needed, he can defend, he is calm and composed, and he is solid when under pressure, he still has a lot to learn but looking at him and looking what iwobi has achived in so little time, its only encouraging

Trilly, say yes and Garrincha like this.