• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I mean you can dare say it but it sounds ridiculous when the guy had about 3 standout performances in a career and Vieira sometimes had 3 in a week. :lol: It is a shame about Diaby though. Another victim of a filthy tackle by a thug.

yes of course judging by his whole career and whole matches and whatnot

but
look at
great player, very complete, powerful but basic, basics to a very very high level, always very much effort

Diaby on the other hand was when it was going great for him effortless

power vs speed
force vs grace
kinda deal

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Vieira, Diaby and Yaya in a midfield three. That's a midfield that wouldn't be overpowered!

I could be a cynic and put your 3 men midfield up against

Ballack, Vidal and Van Bommel :) mine is more ****y with Van B0mmel, but lets face it, had he played for us we all would have loved him

(De Rossi in his younger days and maybe Radja now)

the complete midfielder is overlooked in the Ballon Dór

Nedved won it IIRC but he isn't the complete package like the ones you and I listed

criminally overlooked when it comes to the ballon d'or
why does only strikers/AMs count? with a few exceptions like nedved and cannavaro?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
yes of course judging by his whole career and whole matches and whatnot

but
look at
great player, very complete, powerful but basic, basics to a very very high level, always very much effort

Diaby on the other hand was when it was going great for him effortless

power vs speed
force vs grace
kinda deal
Yeah I'm not disputing that Diaby played beautifully on the day or 2 a year his body let him. I favor substance over style though.I have no doubt that Paddy could have played a more technical game if he wanted to. But he was smart enough to use the gifts he was given and not overcomplicate things. Diaby was basically Pogba before Pogba but I don't think he'd have ever reached Paddy's level, especially when you factor leadership into the equation. As I say, I wish we'd gotten more of a chance to find out how good he could have been. Not just a great talent but a really lovely lad who deserved better luck.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I was reading this thread about Fred, a Fred thread if you will, and it occurred to me that in their descriptions of him, if you substituted 'Fred' for 'AMN' it would pretty much make sense. There I was wanting Fred when we might have our own Fred right here already.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Especially considering Wenger apparently sees him in a deeper role, I wonder how this'll pan out. Hopefully he gets any midfield role soon to begin with!
Wenger doesn't really play with DMs anyway. They all turn into B2B players. So he can probably play as a pseudo-hybrid of both roles. Would seem appropriate.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
DU37E1VWkAA_Pto.jpg

@Aevius his face :lol: - man is a complete Vieira mark. Even wants the no.4 shirt.

Aevi

Hale End FC
DU37E1VWkAA_Pto.jpg

@Aevius his face :lol: - man is a complete Vieira mark. Even wants the no.4 shirt.
:lol:

I love this kid, really hope he gets a proper opportunity in midfield soon. The fact that we sold Coq without getting a replacement is a good sign... now we have some poor performances from Xhaka, and Elneny looks a bit stale... surely it's coming just around the corner.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
:lol:

I love this kid, really hope he gets a proper opportunity in midfield soon. The fact that we sold Coq without getting a replacement is a good sign... now we have some poor performances from Xhaka, and Elneny looks a bit stale... surely it's coming just around the corner.
Yeah man. Like I said earlier in the thread, Vieira is a good benchmark for him. He needs that intensity, and to dominate matches. He's got the resilience, adaptability, technique and athleticism. Just needs to take care of the ball and play at the right tempo when needed.

People still don't rate him or want him to play full back and it is time to prove them wrong.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I was neither enthralled nor disappointed with his performance. He moved the ball along nicely at times with some one-touch passing and his recovery pace was evident and useful, but he also wasn't in the game at times and got shrugged off quite easily in physical battles. I think positionally he has a bit of work to do, Ramsey for example is very good at finding pockets of space to receive and release the ball but AMN kept wandering into positions where he was easily marked by the opposition. There are clearly tools to work with but there is also work to be done.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Was a little bit disappointed with him today mostly because I expected quite a lot of him. His stats are quite impressive though. Only Elneny had more touches, 93% pass completition, two tackles and three interceptions.

Longy

A spot he has always looked..... very bland, just no dynamism at all.
Said it before and I'll say it again.
He will not make it here, he will be Elneny level.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I was neither enthralled nor disappointed with his performance. He moved the ball along nicely at times with some one-touch passing and his recovery pace was evident and useful, but he also wasn't in the game at times and got shrugged off quite easily in physical battles. I think positionally he has a bit of work to do, Ramsey for example is very good at finding pockets of space to receive and release the ball but AMN kept wandering into positions where he was easily marked by the opposition. There are clearly tools to work with but there is also work to be done.
Definitely relying on his pace. Reactive rather than staying ahead of play. I'd say that's the lack of game time where it matters. Some problems that he had at full back showing themselves in the middle a bit. I like his composure but I feel he overdoes it.

He can move the ball quicker than his midfield counterparts that's for sure - either on the pass or the dribble. Doesn't need to dawdle or telegraph his actions. Makes him easy to read.

There were positives though. His passing really is a lot more progressive and precise when he looks forward. I thought he did well for a few interceptions and tackles, plugging space (eventually). Dribbling was pretty solid too.

Really agree with you on his positioning when we had the ball. Was basically doing what Xhaka's been doing lately - drifting aimlessly between the lines without being able to actually receive the ball. Could definitely learn from Ramsey or even Iwobi about picking those pockets of space. I get the feeling an open game would give him more chance to exploit but he'd need to match the intensity of such a game. It's all mental for AMN right now. I'm not sure whether he'll get that coaching from Wenger - he likes them to figure it out on their own, so AMN will have to do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom