• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I cannot comment on his personal life because I don’t have enough knowledge about the actual facts but still letting your parents go homeless when you’re making decent money sounds heartless.

I have had uneasy times with my family and lots of fights/quarrels as well but if I was as rich as these players I would not let my family (especially my parents) rot on the streets, despite whatever differences I might have with them.

Don’t wanna sound judgemental, but the only way I can see him (or any person) refusing to help his homeless mother is because she must’ve been a very very very bad mother.

Aevi

Hale End FC
One of the qualities I saw in AMN that I felt set him apart from other young players was in the mental side of his game. He came off as a calm, composed, and bright bloke, and I felt that it would help him transition more fluidly into the first team.

I'm doubting that now though; I think I mistook his calmness for what may instead be naivety and complacency. This story about his mum doesn't do his image any favors either, because though there may be more to the story, leaving a parent on the streets when you could easily help shows poor character.

Frankly, I'm disappointed in him. There are definitely things that need to change if he wants to succeed here.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
People are so quick to judge, when they know nothing about the situation apart from an article from the ****ing mirror.

For all we know maybe he did take care of her for a long time and had to draw the line at some point.

Maybe he was not aware of her situation like this because he cut off all contact, which is a smart thing to do if someone is hurting not only themselves but also you and your family.

Who says he didn't pay for support/rehab/other things?

The fact that she turns to the media tells you everything about her as a parent. Instead of protecting her child like a real mother, she takes the selfish decision to hurt his career for a few dollars.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He was giving her money every month , there is obviously a very good reason both brothers are estranged from their mother . Highly unusual that two brothers are estranged from their mum without a very good reason .

Having said that just buy your mum a house and be done with it . She shouldn't be living in a container. Also don't mind her going to the media , obviously alone and scared.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Wouldn't be too quick to judge his actions. Sometimes relationships reach breaking point and we don't know anything about his childhood.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
From the previous stories over the years sounds like she may need some help rather than a house.

Hard to give help in these situations until they are ready to be helped or its taken out of her control.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If he's paying for his brother to share an apartment with him but not his Mum then I'm sure he has very good reason. There have been plenty of stores in the past about her behaviour. Anyway this shouldn't be in the news and if that's down to her then it says it all really.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
He was giving her money every month , there is obviously a very good reason both brothers are estranged from their mother . Highly unusual that two brothers are estranged from their mum without a very good reason .

Having said that just buy your mum a house and be done with it . She shouldn't be living in a container. Also don't mind her going to the media , obviously alone and scared.
+ 1

He should just buy his mother a decent place to live and give her enough money so that she can live by herself for the next 3-4 years.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I understand wanting to take care of family no matter what, but this is not her first rodeo in the news.

If the warning signs were not there, I'd be judgeding him as many are, but he can be the richest man in the world, if the relationship between his mom and him was an abusive one, even after him paying up her bills for a while, he has every right to withhold money from her.

You are not obligated to be in an abusive relationship. Blood only carries it so far.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡

If he took his brother to live with him, then their mom probably has a screw loose and she's toxic to be around.
The way a parent behaves to his child will affect him in the long run, so she's definitely got some problems if they're keeping their distance.

As for her going to the media, that's a straight up **** move if the last part of the article about him sending her money every month is true.
You could just give him a call and tell him you're in a bad situation, but she chose to make a scene out of it.
My guess is that she's probably wasting the money on something, otherwise she could have afforded to rent a place with what he's giving her.

On a side note, AMN is on £30k per week? No wonder these players don't perform these days. They've got it made financially even if they're not starters for their club. Outrageous amount for someone like him.

nick gould

Why is he not getting any gametime?

He plays Xhaka's position, and its not like he can do any worse.
He still has his mum to think about. It’s clearly affecting his form. He is not the first footballer to find himself in this situation though. John Terry’s dad nicked some basic stuff from Tesco’s. Adebayor and his family have had a well documented fallout over his money. Balotelli’s biological mum is(was) a cleaner somewhere in Manchester. It’s a difficult one really. Our parents sacrifice a lot to make sure we succeed in life. In some cultures, parents feel entitled to have a slice of their children’s fortunes whereas in some, it’s the other way round. There’s is obviously a mix of cultures in the boy’s life. He wouldn’t know what’s expected of him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If he took his brother to live with him, then their mom probably has a screw loose and she's toxic to be around.
The way a parent behaves to his child will affect him in the long run, so she's definitely got some problems if they're keeping their distance.

As for her going to the media, that's a straight up **** move if the last part of the article about him sending her money every month is true.
You could just give him a call and tell him you're in a bad situation, but she chose to make a scene out of it.
My guess is that she's probably wasting the money on something, otherwise she could have afforded to rent a place with what he's giving her.

On a side note, AMN is on £30k per week? No wonder these players don't perform these days. They've got it made financially even if they're not starters for their club. Outrageous amount for someone like him.

Already said that , and his brother Cordi is a social worker too . Having said that if you have the means to not let your mum live on the street you should .

As for going to the media , unless you have been homeless not sure we can judge her.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
As for going to the media , unless you have been homeless not sure we can judge her.
The question is how did she end up homeless and what happens with the money Ainsley sends her?
Like I said, there's really no reason for her to go to the media unless she's looking to get a payout. If she had any moral fiber she would have handled it in private, but choosing to make a big show out of it is a strong-arm tactic that will probably work, because the club and the player won't look good if it's not handled.
For now, she's getting paid by the paper who's running the story exclusively and will play the waiting game until the kid gives in.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The question is how did she end up homeless and what happens with the money Ainsley sends her?
Like I said, there's really no reason for her to go to the media unless she's looking to get a payout. If she had any moral fiber she would have handled it in private, but choosing to make a big show out of it is a strong-arm tactic that will probably work, because the club and the player won't look good if it's not handled.
For now, she's getting paid by the paper who's running the story exclusively and will play the waiting game until the kid gives in.

She did explain that . She probably is low on moral fibre but probably a lot would if they were homeless and desperate , Ainsley says he doesn't know but he does now . Just buy her a house and be done with it .

CanadianGooner1608

- AMN seems to have been sending her money for a while.
- He pays for his brother to share the appartment with him.
- His brother is a charity worker and also has cut contact with their mother.

There's obviously more to this story than just the side the mother has told to the media.
Going to the media to basically say "look how badly I'm treated, but I still love him even though he's being a bad bad son" screams emotional blackmail to me.
Not going to judge AMN on this. Sure he has his reasons.

Let's go full cynical, you could say he would HAVE to take care of his mother to preserve his own image. That's the most evil reason I can see for someone bad to do something good.

If he doesn't, that means him (and his brother) are either:
- a special breed of monsters.
- two kids who just have had enough.

I'm leaning towards the second option based off that interview.

Top Bottom