Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Jan 28, 2017.

1. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not Actually a Moaner

It's their issue to deal with; Personally think we should leave them to it.

2. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

Was thinking exactly the same.
    Whatever her deeds and words, AMN comes up as a right tool for letting her rot on the streets.

Buy her an apartment with the necessities, pay her daily meals on one of the community diners and his mind is at peace.

3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

Maybe to you it does but not from where I am sitting. I am lucky enough to have an awesome relationship with both my parents but I am not naive enough to realise that blood doesn't make you family and being related to someone by DNA doesn't mean you owe them anything.

DanDare and Penn_ like this.
  4. Tom349

Tom349 Member

And what if she has an addiction and any money given to her ends up funding that addiction. Which given the way she has fallen off the wagon, the situation she finds herself in is most likely caused from an addiction or at the very least a mental illness. The boys would feel more guilty funding that then they would having her be on the streets.

KrissKringle likes this.
  5. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Back to football. It won't surprise me if we don't see him again until next season. I hate when Wenger does this. Throws a young player in, subs them off at half time and after a bad result ghosts them for an extended period of time. Meanwhile he plays the same failing experienced players every week.

AMN is someone who should be playing as part of a midfield 3, especially away from home. I am also extremely disappointed at the under utilisation of Nelson after what he showed in pre season.

MutableEarth likes this.
  6. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

I didn't mention giving money. I said to have an apartment for her with the neccesities: furniture, bed, bathroom; the regular things an ordinary apartment needs.
    As for food, I specifically mentioned to have the meals paid upfront for her in a diner or similar. I had it in mind that she could use any given money for other purposes.
    Maybe it's a cultural thing or backgrounds/nations we come from, but seeing your parents on the streets, while you rake in big money, is one of the most shocking things I would imagine, No dignity or sense of decency at all.

I think you really have to do your best to support your family; in good or bad times.
    Especially your parents !!

krengon and krackpot like this.
  7. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

No that just isn't true. I am both a father and a son. I would not expect my daughter to look after me if I had offered her nothing in the way of getting her to where she is. Being related to someone doesn't unconditionally tie you to them so that you are forever indebted to them for no rhyme or reason.

Family can be an amazing source of strength in ones life but, as is the case with anyone else, toxic people do nothing but take away from your life. I condemn nobody for cutting out the toxic parasites from their lives.

Concentrate on the football. This gent's family business has nothing to do with us and I guarantee we haven't even heard half the story.

8. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

yeah, even if you are not well off, I'd find it appalling that you'd let your mother live on the streets, nevermind when you actually have the means to make sure she lives comfortably. Cutting contact with her is one thing and fair enough as I don't know their relationship, but she must have done something really terrible, (deserving of jail time) for me to be okay with him letting her live on the streets. It just reflects really poorly on AMN.

albakos likes this.
  9. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Morphing into a full back. Dunno if I'm pleased or disappointed.

He looked good though in his cameo.

Aevius and krackpot like this.
  10. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Well played

Brown Gooner likes this.
  11. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

If the choice for him ends up between becoming a top fullback or a pretty good midfielder, there is no shame in choosing fullback. Kimmich and Alaba have shown that you can still be an immense player emerging in that role.

12. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Yeah. It would be a shame as if he applied himself more at CM he would be perfect but if this is the way to get the best out of him consistently then so be it.

Aevius likes this.
  13. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Might have been his most impressive performance so far, if he can end up like Alaba I'll be thrilled.

14. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH

He can be our own Kimmich. Play him as fullback from now on and lets forget that he ever was a midfielder.

krackpot likes this.
  15. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

Agreed. He still deserves more opportunities to prove himself at CM first though, probably in the PL once it's clear top 4 is out of reach.

krackpot and MutableEarth like this.
  16. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

I don't see this guy as a DM, but because of his pace and pretty good technique, he could make it as a fullback or even a winger on the left or right, depeding on his preference.
    Just needs to sort out his one on ones and concentrating when he's passing the ball, because he made a couple of sloppy ones during the season that put our opponents on the counter or could have if other teammates didn't pay attention.

17. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

Watch Wenger now trying AMN as striker just because he is finding his ground in top football!

18. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

He has all the qualities to be a good full back, I said the other day I’m not sure how he hasn’t had a run at rb/rwb yet. His acceleration and ability to defend in a 1 vs 1 situation is superb.

19. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Part Time Werder Bremen Fan

I like him as a fullback. He has all qualities for this position.

Would like to see him on the right once, maybe in the Premier League and don't risk Bellerin if he isn't on 100%. (Chambers was good today, but his future will not be there).

20. DanDare

DanDare Spreading positive vibes

It’s a bit odd he gets chances at LB but not RB

He seems quality to me overall. Don’t know what’s best: PL loan or stay with us