• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It can't be Fabregas or bust though can it? I mean, it's surely ok to be not quite as precocious and still get looked at from time to time, no? Do they all have to be pulling up trees consistently to warrant a place here aged 20?

Be careful now, your mate Xhaka is 25, plays every game and hasn't managed to pull up a ****ing daisy yet, never mind a tree!

Come on lad.

Xhaka was captain of Mönchengladbach, considered one of the better midfielders in the Bundesliga and was/is one of the talisman for the Swiss NT in his early 20's.

Niles would dream to have his career start out like that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Come on lad.

Xhaka was captain of Mönchengladbach, considered one of the better midfielders in the Bundesliga and was/is one of the talisman for the Swiss NT in his early 20's.

Niles would dream to have his career start out like that.
For a season. He was a second tier player in Germany at the end of the day. If he was thought of as anything particularly special, he'd be at Bayern Munich. Swiss whatever. What have the Swiss ever produced? I know I'm sounding really harsh here, but the reality is just that. And it's not how you start mate, it's how you carry on and then finish. Worse players than Xhaka have captained better teams. Means nothing.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

For a season. He was a second tier player in Germany at the end of the day. If he was thought of as anything particularly special, he'd be at Bayern Munich. Swiss whatever. What have the Swiss ever produced? I know I'm sounding really harsh here, but the reality is just that. And it's not how you start mate, it's how you carry on and then finish. Worse players than Xhaka have captained better teams. Means nothing.

The Swiss are a quality team and would see off England no troubles IMO.

I get Granit has been well below his best this season but mate, your posts read as if he's some pub player who fluked a career in professional football :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I get Granit has been well below his best this season but mate, your posts read as if he's some pub player who fluked a career in professional football :lol:
You know what, a funny thought struck me the other day. I've got this feeling England are going to have an unbelievable world cup for some reason. Not much to go on form wise! Tbf, both are sh!t at the end of the day, so it doesn't make much difference that you think the Swiss would beat England :lol:

I do think he's seriously overrated and I've seen players get blown up, get exposed before disappearing before. Football is full of hype and even the most experienced judges go quiet and conveniently forget they once hailed whoever as the 2nd coming. I'm convinced Xhaka is a hype job who wont ever cut it at the top.

Back on topic, AMN looks as though he has more going for him with the right coaching.

nick gould

Watched MOTD earlier, they absolutely loved AMN today :lol:
I liked how lively our right hand side was especially in the first half. The neat exchange of passes between him and Elneny. But I still think he should show more intensity in his play. When trying to establish yourself I think you should play with more intensity and then revert back to being a Basquet when established. Sometimes that laid back and languid style gives the wrong vibe.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Watched MOTD earlier, they absolutely loved AMN today :lol:
I watched 5 minutes of the game so can’t even comment. As you can imagine, after reading various comments, I’m really confused. I’m going with the neutrals on this one, I think!

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Seriously bro, I know England aren't great but lose to Switzerland? They were in the same qualifying group for the Euros and Welbeck tore them to pieces.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Seriously bro, I know England aren't great but lose to Switzerland? They were in the same qualifying group for the Euros and Welbeck tore them to pieces.

Qualifying means **** all once you're in the tournament yourself, you know that.

Your lot lost to ****ing Iceland ffs :lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Qualifying means **** all once you're in the tournament yourself, you know that.

Your lot lost to ****ing Iceland ffs :lol:
If a country produces citizens like Hydro, then clearly it's a country to be scared of.

I'd take Switzerland over Iceland all day.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
What's so funny? I've not commented on any individual performance of any player Vs Watford... because I didn't watch the game. But you think I have, which would make it funny?

Try again.

Same Reason why you shouldn't make comments speaking for others, just for yourself. You really are pushing it lately with 'everybody should know by now..' 'everyone sees' this and that.

It's you and your opinions, speak them out, not for others, or calling others to have same opinion as you

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Same Reason why you shouldn't make comments speaking for others, just for yourself. You really are pushing it lately with 'everybody should know by now..' 'everyone sees' this and that.

It's you and your opinions, speak them out, not for others, or calling others to have same opinion as you

Was so vocal in the Xhaka and AMN thread and didn't even watch the game.

Credibility has been shot, if it wasn't already :lol:

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
What's so funny? I've not commented on any individual performance of any player Vs Watford... because I didn't watch the game. But you think I have, which would make it funny?

Try again.

So vocal after the match, yet didn't watch it. Brilliant :lol:

Top Bottom