• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I don't rate Elneny that highly, and I don't think you do (I may be wrong?). He could have had his minutes instead of playing at fullback where he rarely plays otherwise. Xhaka was also underperforming early in the season, Jack was out for a bit, and there were a fair few inconsequential games at the end of the season... I think the opportunities were there.

This is a matter of opinion though, so let's just agree to disagree then.

He got some chances, and wasn't really impressive. Don't rate Elneny no, but he does some basic things for a midfielder well. As for Xhaka, there's no way he can replace what he offers. Wilshere obviously much better too.

People were raving about this performance. Looking at it, you'll have to dig deep to find anything useful. He's obviously still young and all that, but there's long way to go for him.

Beast Incarnate

He reminds me of a young Kolo Toure before we put him at CB.

With his natural athleticism, you could put him anywhere on the pitch and he'll do a job.

I expect him to be a CM, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him anywhere in defence.

Wryer

He has everything in his locker to be a top class midfielder in the PL.

Pace. Power. Technique. Tidyness.

Really need to improve his concentration and steer clear of injuries.

Personally I don't think the RB/LB stints helped him. At the full back area you usually have Abit more time than at centre of the pitch, and I think that's why he seemed to rush into bad decisions at times.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Personally I don't think the RB/LB stints helped him. At the full back area you usually have Abit more time than at centre of the pitch, and I think that's why he seemed to rush into bad decisions at times.
Disgagree with this.
He reminds me of a young Kolo Toure before we put him at CB.

With his natural athleticism, you could put him anywhere on the pitch and he'll do a job.

I expect him to be a CM, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him anywhere in defence.
This is more on the point.

One of the things I admired about Wenger (and hated) is that he would put these guys in awkward positions. While detrimental to our football at times it is a sure way of getting players to understand the roles around them on the field. Total football requires this and any half decent defending (as a team) requires it too.

There is a fine balance between giving youth experience and stuffing up your campaign. Feel this lad benefitted from last season. We will see a baller next

CJJ

Established Member
I'm ready to put alot of faith into this guy.
I think he could have a big season and prove himself as a quality midfielder.
He has the tools, one can't deny that.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

I Do think he is a prospect and should be involved in the team

But I Disagree with the tidy part
Sloppy but recovers with his pace

But looks almost Lazy at times

Have not Seen all I need to argue him starting at cm yet

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm ready to put alot of faith into this guy.
I think he could have a big season and prove himself as a quality midfielder.
He has the tools, one can't deny that.
I'm curious as to how he'll be played. At his best, he marries high energy with composure, and he's diverse in skillset owing to his time as a goalscoring winger, a CM and now a full-back. I'm beginning to think that Emery plans to use him as B2B, not just defending and playing deep but getting into the box. Could conceivably see him as a Ramsey back-up, particularly as he was very comfortable in front of goal as a youth team player. Could be a player who shores up the middle alongside one of Xhaka or Torreira too, almost between a #6 and #8 in midfield. I'm very intrigued to see how this could play out. We might even see him back on the wing :lol:.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Disgagree with this.

This is more on the point.

One of the things I admired about Wenger (and hated) is that he would put these guys in awkward positions. While detrimental to our football at times it is a sure way of getting players to understand the roles around them on the field. Total football requires this and any half decent defending (as a team) requires it too.

There is a fine balance between giving youth experience and stuffing up your campaign. Feel this lad benefitted from last season. We will see a baller next

Yeah good point mate ,some of our best performers spent time out of their natural positions before assuming their permanent roles.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Part of me wants him to go out on loan and play every week for a mid-level team.

But I also want him to stay and get used to Emery's tactics. His acceleration would suit Emery a lot since he can press and then recover, if the opponent get away.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Part of me wants him to go out on loan and play every week for a mid-level team.

But I also want him to stay and get used to Emery's tactics. His acceleration would suit Emery a lot since he can press and then recover, if the opponent get away.
We’ll need him next season, he’ll be the first CM off the bench.
Think Kraphtuous is right here. With Jack off and Santi gone we are not looking so great for that annual Ramsey 6 week layoff that turns into 8 weeks.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
One of my biggest gripes with him was the fact he could be a little lapse and casual in possession. Today he seemed switched on for the complete 45 minutes. It's hard not to be excited by this lad.

Also, I never wish to see him at full back or wing back again! It'd be like playing Vidal at RB or something. Will do a job but man, such a waste.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Does everything to an above average standard. Passes well, dribbles well, wins the ball adequately, shows good athleticism. Today I thought his positioning was very good offensively and defensively. Was always available and did something constructive with possession.

Would have been a good workout for him to show his capability as a CM, now has to build on it. Definitely a contender.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I will continue to say this, I have never in my life come across a teenager (young adult) who is as calm as Niles. That's the biggest reason I see him excelling in our team.

People have pointed out his passing ability et al, to me that's not something otherworldly for an Arsenal youth product... His composure though...

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I will continue to say this, I have never in my life come across a teenager (young adult) who is as calm as Niles. That's the biggest reason I see him excelling in our team.

People have pointed out his passing ability et al, to me that's not something otherworldly for an Arsenal youth product... His composure though...
Fabregas?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom