• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Funnily enough bar a brilliant performance vs United, most of his best moments for us have come at full back. I have a lot of faith in Ainsley, but he's miles away from starting for us in cm. Carabao and Europa for now imo. Ghendouzi plays with a lot more maturity.

Being sent off for two yellows is the opposite of maturity.

Currently Guendouzi's main assets are his biggest flaws. He wants to look for the killer pass EVERY time. That means he spends the entire game dwelling on the ball with his hands up as if there is no pass on. The killer pass is very rarely on. The talent is in seeing it when it is on. Not spending 5 touches every time you get the ball looking got it. It's like he is reluctant to build the play with easy passes.

AMN just needs to play. He will force his way past Elneny to partner Guendouzi and then people will notice how good he actually is. He stood out alongside Xhaka vs United at Old Trafford. That is his standout game.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hope to see more of him. Getting rather worried, haven't seen any progression since two seasons almost.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Glad more players are coming forward. People seem to say it doesn’t happen anymore but it’s still alive.

Boss at work was banging on about snowflake culture with Sterling the other day. Found it really hard biting my tongue.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The 21 year old revealed he’s had a conversation with the Spaniard about his situation and says it’s down to him to prove to the boss that he’s got what it takes.

” I still feel like I am improving and getting back to my best,” he said ahead of the Europa League clash with Qarabag on Thursday night.

“Me and the manager have had a conversation and he’s told me things that he wants me to improve on, so all I can do is go away every day and wake up and think how can I get better at this?

“By a certain amount of time the manager should be able to see it in me.”

Pressed on what those areas of improvement were, he replied, “It’s more of a personal thing between Unai and me honestly, but I think as long as I know it and he knows it and we both agree it, that’s all that matters.”

Great mentality.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
His versatility is impressive. Can effectively play in 3 positions. Although it was against poor opposition it was kinda funny seeing him take on the Qarabag players on the right. He was covering more ground with a single stride than they were with 3.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I wouldn't mind seeing him at RWF depending on the formation. He's got to better than timid Iwobi and dry old Miki atm. His pace and athleticism alone make you believe something will happen.

pikey2000

I don't see him being too dissimilar to Geoundouzi, both very athletic, quick and able to get up and down the pitch, both techincally sound and full of enthusiam, he's just a victim of his versatility at present, as well as an untimely injury.

I can see him at CM easily personally. Annoying that he has somehow slipped down the pecking order at CM due to his versatility to be honest, as good as the likes of Elneny, Geoundouzi and Willock for me.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I wish he would get a look-in at CM. He's got every tool for the job but they just will not trust him there, and I think it's affecting him a little.

Failing that, I think falling back on his original RW position can suffice. He still has the necessary qualities out there, although I'd like him to rediscover his shooting boots again if he reverts back to the wing. He scored ****loads as a young wide-forward just breaking into the U21s.

He's very quick, and still a very neat and tidy dribbler. Relearning wide-forward play might be something for him to take up again. With the all-round play he developed playing in midfield, it might help him as an inside attacker, coupled with pace and dribbling.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom