Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Should have nutmegged him.

Hunter Zolomon likes this.
  2. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Interested to see how he does against physical opposition, not as tall as I thought he was.

If he develops though he looks like the type of player that Elneny and Coq should be.

MutableEarth likes this.
  3. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

At 5'11 he is pretty much average height. He is a good athlete so I think he can definitely become a more powerful player but he is pretty resilient as it is. Do not think strength will be as much of an issue.

Im backing him - I would like to see him take on bigger challenges after how well he responded to Southampton game.

4. Aevi

Aevi Hands down best mod -Trilly (probably) Moderator

I feel you guys, I know someone whose friend's friend is the small Chinese woman who's in the Po costume in Teletubbies. These are the types of connections that help you move forward in life.

5. Trilly

:lol::lol::lol:

6. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

No chance he is that tall. Probably around 5'8".

7. Trilly

ermm...no?

8. Aevi

Wikipedia says he's 5'10... not sure if that's accurate though just because I'm pretty sure they said Holding was under 6 foot when we signed him, even though he's like 6'1 or something.

9. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Yeah, on wiki it said he was 5'11 and he turned out to be 6'2 :lol:

Anyway, AMN is the same height as Chris Willock and he is 5'11. He's quite slim so looks smaller than he is.

Aevi likes this.
  10. Sir Bump

Sir Bump Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey

AMN - another player we are wishing into a solid player.

Frimpong anyone ?

Walter White and Hunter Zolomon like this.
  11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Bellerin or Iwobi?

12. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Well-Known Member

I am confused

13. Aevi

He's showing examples of young players who have succeeded in breaking into our first team, providing a precedent that signifies AMN could do the same.

14. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Well-Known Member

I thought he/she was trying make a comparison about who was more like frimpong, iwobi or bellerin

15. Özillionaire

Özillionaire Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I think tomorrow could come too soon for him in his career development.. but at this point I'd be very close to just saying **** it and rolling the dice.

16. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

To me Frimpong is one of the greatest Wenger mystery, I have never understood what Wenger saw in him. He is nothing more than a championship player. Someone with little technical ability and is good at doing nothing but making bad tackles. So comparing Niles to Frimpong is ridiculous.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  17. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Frimpong was actually good up until the knee injury he had, he was ahead of coquelin when they were both in the squad, at the time i was hoping he would help provide some of that much needed steel in the midfield, but he got injured and started doing to much side stuff Denching and rapping ruined his career, There are much greater mysteries than Frimpong in wengers tenure at the club if you ask me like why did we sign Park chu young, or an injured kim kalstroom on loan, even why did he persist with an average Denilson so long...

18. razörist

razörist Ozil Stan

Yeah but does Pogba have his own verb? Too bad he's not with us anymore, Pogba would've been FRIMPONGED.

19. Walter White

Walter White Well-Known Member

:lol: Wenger got it wrong so many times mate. Santos,Squillaci, Denilson, Park, Sanogo, more?

20. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Much prefer our youth to get a mini chance like with Frimpong... It's more annoying when they leave & we have ****e on more money round the squad.

He looked decent at times. No idea how his career tailed off so quick.