• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Think his passing needs to improve
Passing ability is link to football intelligence, anticipation, game reading, and precise timing.
I don’t see him as a central player. But if he wants to be a CM, he should learn from scholes or alonso. If he wants to be an AM, he should learn from iniesta, silva. Or makelele, gattusso if he wants to be a DM.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Horrible day at the office for him. I think his versatility is undervalued because it's been a life-saver for us at times, but he couldn't do much right today. Dilly-dallied on the ball instead of launching it in first time when he'd have space, putting crosses in that wouldn't beat the first man. a little sloppy in passing as well. Lots of room for improvement.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Horrible day at the office for him. I think his versatility is undervalued because it's been a life-saver for us at times, but he couldn't do much right today. Dilly-dallied on the ball instead of launching it in first time when he'd have space, putting crosses in that wouldn't beat the first man. a little sloppy in passing as well. Lots of room for improvement.
Worst game. Worse than Ostersunds.

Not a full back.

HBL

Established Member
Worst game. Worse than Ostersunds.

Not a full back.
I'm not sure how he can be a centre mid either though?

His passing is shambolic at times, he has no awareness of anyone around him and loses concentration so easily.

I usually agree with and respect your opinions on our youngsters but I think AMN is drifting badly and I couldn't identify a crucial aspect to his game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

His passing is shambolic at times, he has no awareness of anyone around him and loses concentration so easily.

I usually agree with and respect your opinions on our youngsters but I think AMN is drifting badly and I couldn't identify a crucial aspect to his game.
Just a bad game IMO. Needs more momentum. Im giving it time.

Wryer

Injuries aside, somewhat ominous that neither Wenger nor Emery trusts AMN enough to play him in his preferred central midfield position.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Injuries aside, somewhat ominous that neither Wenger nor Emery trusts AMN enough to play him in his preferred central midfield position.
What? Both managers have used him when we are short in the squad and being short he has been needed in other positions. Emery used him in midfield before his injury. This is bollocks.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He didn't have a good game, but not being able to see how he can play central midfield because of how he played at right back is the opposite of what people do of our other players.

Özil plays right and is ineffective. Oh let's just olay him in the 10, that's the problem. Auba is ineffective on the wing, let's just olay him centre forward, that's why he's struggling. Would you take a look at Xhaka and say he can't play cm because of how he plays at centre back?

AMN is not a left back, he's not a left wing back, he's not s right back, he's not a right wing back, he isn't even a dm. He is uncomfortable in all of those positions. He can just do a job for the team because he is fast and strong and all of our other players are slow.

However if you actually take notice, there was a period in the second half for about 1 minute after a corner where he stayed central. Won the ball back and drove forward with an incisive pass. He instantly felt more comfortable being surrounded by players in tight spaces. He did more in that moment than Guendouzi did all game.

He just needs to be trusted and played central. Yet that isn't happening because the rest of our squad is incompetent and incapable of playing their roles. Would you our Guendouzi at right back? No because he would be a liability. AMN is a very good passer and I am sorry, criticising his passing is ridiculous when we have Xhaka who basically gives goals away when he loses the ball as he can't even recover.

I'm getting sick of watching AMN play out of position. He isn't going to develop being shunted around and I actually believe he is a much better player than Guendouzi.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
However if you actually take notice, there was a period in the second half for about 1 minute after a corner where he stayed central. Won the ball back and drove forward with an incisive pass. He instantly felt more comfortable being surrounded by players in tight spaces. He did more in that moment than Guendouzi did all game.

He just needs to be trusted and played central. Yet that isn't happening because the rest of our squad is incompetent and incapable of playing their roles. Would you our Guendouzi at right back? No because he would be a liability. AMN is a very good passer and I am sorry, criticising his passing is ridiculous when we have Xhaka who basically gives goals away when he loses the ball as he can't even recover.

I'm getting sick of watching AMN play out of position. He isn't going to develop being shunted around and I actually believe he is a much better player than Guendouzi.
I am sick of those CMs who driving forward all the time with the ball leaving huge gaps in our midfield.
(Unless they have a very good reason to, that they spot a huge space to exploit, or there’s a good chance of scoring, and at the same time, they know there’s someone covering the space behind them, then doing it 2-3 times in a match is acceptable).
If they have pace and like to dribble, play as a winger, CM is not for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has he been injured this season? Just wondering why Guendouzi has got so many starts centrally but not AMN.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm getting sick of watching AMN play out of position
Actually CM is not his position, at least not the position he was trained for. He only got to play CM in his last year for the reserves with mixed results. After that he was used as full back and CM under Wenger, and now being used as a fb under Emery.
Other than that your post was a perfect description of how we manage to ruin our players, AMN is not the first one and I'm afraid he won't be last.
We just don't give them enough chances and they are afraid to play because if they make any mistakes they won't get any chance soon. You can see it in his game but also in other players like Nketiah, Nelson and ESR. On the other hand first team players have no responsibilities as they can play badly for 3 weeks in a row and still get 90 minutes next game

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Actually CM is not his position, at least not the position he was trained for. He only got to play CM in his last year for the reserves with mixed results. After that he was used as full back and CM under Wenger, and now being used as a fb under Emery.
Other than that your post was a perfect description of how we manage to ruin our players, AMN is not the first one and I'm afraid he won't be last.
We just don't give them enough chances and they are afraid to play because if they make any mistakes they won't get any chance soon. You can see it in his game but also in other players like Nketiah, Nelson and ESR. On the other hand first team players have no responsibilities as they can play badly for 3 weeks in a row and still get 90 minutes next game
CM is 100 per cent his position. Has been since he played for the U21s. He just gets played out wide because he's fast and can dribble.

Up until last year, he never played full back.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I feel sorry for the guy. He wasn't great but again player out of position and always tried. I don't think he will make it here.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom