• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wenger and Emery played him at FB because they had no other cover at the position. When Kolasinac was actually fit for cup games AMN got a chance in midfield. Here’s an explanation from Wenger if you don’t believe me:

It was the same with Diaby and Ramsey developing out wide before being trusted in the middle.

Yup Flamini started at leftback.

Reactions: A_G

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This ****er let me down a lot man.
tenor.gif

Bergkamp1988

After their last performances (and quite frankly MOST of all their performances) I never want to hear about Iwobi and AMN's "great potential".
... "guys you'll see next season AMN is going to bloom..".. "oh I'd love to see a midfield with AMN & ... [Insert other bad idea]..."

They are as average as it gets and so Is their "potential". Next subject.

HBL

Established Member
The reaction when he gave the ball away towards the end of the game was shocking, made no attempt to even jog back.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
This kid dominated Pogba & Matic @ OT last season. Using him all over the place is only harming his development. Think of the Ox. Finally started to play regular in midfield and began to kick in. AMN has all the attributes to be a solid b2b cm!

Told you. AMN is not a CM.
By the way,
Ox was a shxx player and he still is.

scytheavatar

Established Member
?

Diaby would have ruled the CM position for years to come, if it wasnt for his injuries. Alongst Yaya the best box to box midfielder in terms of what he brings to the table I've seen in my life - at least for what one could truly see at times of what he would provide, if he'd play regularly

He was the missing link, the one we lacked in the coming years where he was sidelined constantly. I share the sentiment with Wenger that he's been the saddest thing within all those years

Diaby made Denilson look good for many seasons. Think about it, people have short term memories and have forgotten how much of a ballhog donkey Diaby can be at times.

nick gould

What a pleasant surprise. Play him at right back or right wing and he dwells on the ball for too long. Play him upfront and give him the license to dwell on the ball and he becomes decisive; pretty much makes the right pass at the right time.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
He played really well, but the fact that this is the right winger we have to present against liverpool away is worrying.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Much better playing a more familiar position today. Was more effort and focus in what he was doing. He was terrible last game so this was a big improvement. Must build on this.
Agreed. His best positon is on the right wing IMO and always has been. He was really good on the wing back when we used to play at Underhill. He is deceptionally skillful. More games with him on the wing please.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Agreed. His best positon is on the right wing IMO and always has been. He was really good on the wing back when we used to play at Underhill. He is deceptionally skillful. More games with him on the wing please.
He was a really good finisher back then. Dangerous from anywhere within 25 yards. I thought he'd be a shoe-in for a wide forward role in the future before he was moved to central midfield at 17. His game became a lot more rounded at the time and I've long since thought a box-to-box role would be his future. If he's to continue on the wing, which I'd be content with, I'd like to see him score more goals like he did today. It was a prominent feature of his game as a winger pre-first team. Let's see if he can rediscover his scoring touch.

teamsoutheast

He was a really good finisher back then. Dangerous from anywhere within 25 yards. I thought he'd be a shoe-in for a wide forward role in the future before he was moved to central midfield at 17. His game became a lot more rounded at the time and I've long since thought a box-to-box role would be his future. If he's to continue on the wing, which I'd be content with, I'd like to see him score more goals like he did today. It was a prominent feature of his game as a winger pre-first team. Let's see if he can rediscover his scoring touch.

For me, moving him into the CDM role hindered him as he seems to be now left with no defined position\role on the pitch. Yes, this is fine being part of his footballing education but he seems to be less hesitant to take players on now than how he used to. His technique and athleticism is way too good for him to be playing as a full back or CDM.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
For me, moving him into the CDM role hindered him as he seems to be now left with no defined position\role on the pitch. Yes, this is fine being part of his footballing education but he seems to be less hesitant to take players on now than how he used to. His technique and athleticism is way too good for him to be playing as a full back or CDM.
There's an argument to be made that he may have been lost in the shuffle if he stayed a winger the whole time. Moving him to CM/DM basically gave him more of an advantage to making the first team, as that's how Wenger wanted to use him. At the time of AMN breaking into the U21s as a schoolboy, there was Gnabry, Iwobi and Akpom all vying for those forward spots. I thought back then that AMN was better than Iwobi but Iwobi ended up being the winger-elect, while Gnabry went back to Germany and AMN moved position.

In his Ipswich loan, he also played better as part of a midfield 3 than he did when he actually played as a wide forward. Maybe with Emery's coaching, he can get back into the swing of things. I'm sure he won't mind going back to the wing rather than becoming a full-back. But he'll have to tweak his game again. Can be done, and today was encouraging as he managed to score.

teamsoutheast

There's an argument to be made that he may have been lost in the shuffle if he stayed a winger the whole time. Moving him to CM/DM basically gave him more of an advantage to making the first team, as that's how Wenger wanted to use him. At the time of AMN breaking into the U21s as a schoolboy, there was Gnabry, Iwobi and Akpom all vying for those forward spots. I thought back then that AMN was better than Iwobi but Iwobi ended up being the winger-elect, while Gnabry went back to Germany and AMN moved position.

In his Ipswich loan, he also played better as part of a midfield 3 than he did when he actually played as a wide forward. Maybe with Emery's coaching, he can get back into the swing of things. I'm sure he won't mind going back to the wing rather than becoming a full-back. But he'll have to tweak his game again. Can be done, and today was encouraging as he managed to score.

I thought AMN was the standout player too along with Gnabry. Strange thing, was that Iwobi played as the main striker back in those days and now he's been transformed completely into a winger and has kicked on. Funny old game football can be!!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His best game at RB IMO. I'm still against him being played there but today was encouraging. His passing was much better and more focused today, owing to more confidence. His dribbling was also very good. I would have liked to see a better final ball from him today, underhit a number of crosses, but it was a very assured performance from him. A completely different player when he's focused.

He must maintain that focus and not lose it. It's very frustrating to see a player of his capability perform badly. Hopefully he builds on his last 2 performances.

Top Bottom