• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
We have Xhaka and Torreira who are good passers, would like to add a little bit of power and dynamism into the midfield.

A 3 of Guendo, Xhaka and Torreira is too much same same for me

That would need better offensive player. Ainsley is pretty poor in that regard.

Yeah agree on that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Your boy was fantastic today @MutableEarth

Would love for him to get a shot at CM
He has to be focused though. When he's on it, he's such an excellent player. When he lacks focus, he tends to pass in a very languid and easily readable manner, but his passing improves tenfold when he's actually on it. Doesn't dwell, plays it sharp aswell. I think with his dribbling and pace/athleticism, he'd add a newer element into our midfield. I feel our midfield is very one-paced and it's a massive weakness as they can get turned very easily. Torreira makes up for it with his acceleration and agility but despite how dogged he is, he still lacks power and a team like Liverpool will absolutely exploit it.

AMN isn't the strongest in the world but he's very quick and has some semblance of power - plus his dribbling is bigger strength in the middle than it is outwide where he isn't necessarily the most penetrative of dribblers compared to other wide players.

It's frustrating because a lot of our younger midfielders have traits that would be desired but they don't have the experience. AMN is lucky he's somewhat versatile enough to play other positions. I just hope it doesn't kill his opportunity to play at CM.

pacstud

We have Xhaka and Torreira who are good passers, would like to add a little bit of power and dynamism into the midfield.

A 3 of Guendo, Xhaka and Torreira is too much same same for me
A true attacking option opposite PEA would make this effective. I think Xhaka and Guen are fine in advanced roles IF we have our starting FBs and for the love of God a genuine option to go with PEA and Laca.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
A true attacking option opposite PEA would make this effective. I think Xhaka and Guen are fine in advanced roles IF we have our starting FBs and for the love of God a genuine option to go with PEA and Laca.
I agree to an extent, but I still feel our midfield lacks true dynamism. They're all still decent performers this season but I can see that particular weakness being exploited at some point down the line.

pacstud

I agree to an extent, but I still feel our midfield lacks true dynamism. They're all still decent performers this season but I can see that particular weakness being exploited at some point down the line.
Yes. If only we had Özil but in Fifa where I can just R2 his ass :D

I should say, it's the least of our current worries.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yes. If only we had Özil but in Fifa where I can just R2 his ass :D

I should say, it's the least of our current worries.
Agreed - more of a preference at this point but it could be a small concern in the future. They've all had quite good seasons though. Both Xhaka and Torreira have done well individually and as a pairing.

I'm just thinking of how Liverpool's midfield+attack setup found it a bit easy to turn them while under pressure. It was..........eye-opening.

Gunner140

Players like AMN are vital to the squad. can cover several positions and fills a HG spot.

Don't think he'll be anymore than a squad player though.

I think that AMN can become one of the key players in this Arsenal team. He has everything for him to succeed, all he needs is a decent run in the first team (like he is doing it now).

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well what do you know? Finally getting some match fitness after a leg break. The fact people used his first few games to write him off shows how we support our young talent.

He still seems much more comfortable when he drifts inside. He is so good in tight spaces and just needs to be trusted.
Our lack of options out wide are hurting his development.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Well what do you know? Finally getting some match fitness after a leg break. The fact people used his first few games to write him off shows how we support our young talent.

He still seems much more comfortable when he drifts inside. He is so good in tight spaces and just needs to be trusted.
Our lack of options out wide are hurting his development.
It wouldn't be so bad if he was flitting between the center and the right from time to time as I still think he can contribute as a RW, but I do wish he'd get the rub and play CM at some point.

I don't want him anywhere near full back but he's also better than Lichtsteiner. Tough one.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
And now we have come full circle!

https://arseblog.news/2019/01/maitl...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Speaking ahead of the Gunners trip to West Ham tomorrow, he told Sky Sports, “I’d like to be a winger. I feel comfortable there and I’ve been playing there this season.

“I was a striker growing up. Thierry Henry was the perfect role model at the time.

“Then everybody started growing but I was still a bit short. As I was still quick, direct and could run at players they thought they would put me on the wing.

“So up until the age of 16 I was a winger.”

And when asked about his future, he continued, “I like to think of myself as a winger at 25 years old, starting every week for Arsenal, scoring and assisting goals.

“I don’t feel like I’m there. I’m still young and I have a lot of learning to do.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom