• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I hope we ditch 5 at the back for this reason, I liked him against Pool. He put in good work going forwards and I’d like him freed up from defensive responsibilities if possible.
He scored a lot of goals at youth level too. He's the type of player that would be a good wide player under Emery because of his comfort doing a variety of things. I still prefer him to get a CM berth at some point, but this is still a good use of his abilities IMO rather than fullback. Let's see if he can rediscover his old game.

Oh, PS: I am not a fan of the back 5 either. We play it and still can't defend all that well :lol:. We should just stick to 4 at the back.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Maitland-Niles prefering to play as a winger rather than CM makes a lot of sense considering his skills.

He created two excellent chances for Nketiah against Blackpool and scored against Liverpool which shows he has the end product that is needed but the question is if he can do it on a more consistent basis now. Excited again about his future!

Aevi

Hale End FC
He can't afford to have games like this at this stage. Otherwise he will fail at Arsenal.
It was very disappointing. I'm not enthusiastic about him wanting to be a winger either, I'm not sure he's got what it takes to play there at this level. He quick, granted, but he doesn't have a killer pass or finish from what I've seen.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It was very disappointing. I'm not enthusiastic about him wanting to be a winger either, I'm not sure he's got what it takes to play there at this level. He quick, granted, but he doesn't have a killer pass or finish from what I've seen.
But if he passes like he did today, he won't get a shot in midfield either. And he's not a full back.

Smarten up, Ains.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Waiting to see this world beater people keep talking about. 'He's out of position', true, but he should still be able to pass the ball right? Not because he was better than those his age means he's ready for the top.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
63% passes completed, an enormous amount of 12 passes that is. Playing at WB, where he has all the time on ball.. for a "midfielder" those are terrible numbers.
I advocate for his playing there but I agree. You cannot expect to get a berth there passing that badly. It's not good enough.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm one of the people who wanted to see more of our kids this season but after watching AMN today I may change my mind on this.
Complete lack of effort from him, no desire from a kid that needs to fight whit all he has to be part of the team. Can't believe that these players waste their chances so easily. I'm not even touching here technical aspect of his game which was also horrendous, passing was on League 2 level and everything else was like watchin grandpa Lich again.
Utter poverty from him, would say that from all the kids we've seen so far only Willock looks like he has some desire to play.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
63% passes completed, an enormous amount of 12 passes that is. Playing at WB, where he has all the time on ball.. for a "midfielder" those are terrible numbers.

Yeah no defending that.. He needs to get his act together or he won't have a future here..

Latest posts+

Top Bottom