• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

LG10

Watch his performance vs Man U last season. All you need to see to show he is a midfielder. Don’t think Emery will ever play him in midfield unfortunately.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think people are drawing a lot of conclusions from a rather small sample size of him at CM

Not sure you can translate performances of him as a fullback to how he’ll be as a CM

I’m not convinced either way regarding him for this reason.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Don't understand this behaviour at all. He gets a couple of run outs with the first team and he brings so little effort. Makes you wonder about what intensity we have when we practice. Maybe he is just so used to taking it easy and jogging that he doesn't have another gear at the moment.
But the intensity under Emery was much greater everyone said. Maybe most of our players are trash.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Can'r believe it took me 3 pages to find his thread but I haven't liked his performances, fans keep asking for him to get more games but he doesn't do anything other than lose the ball. I don't see him ever becoming a first team player.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I thought he played well for the first 20 mins or so. Got caught out of position too many times.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Topsy turvy game IMO. Can see he still isn't comfortable at right back. Difficult to trust him in that role. He was good in the duels but dwelled too much on the ball and his positioning wasn't as good as it should be.

That said, he wasn't terrible and I'm finding it hard to believe that people reckon he was. Becoming the new scapegoat already and I'm not surprised. I knew this would happen if he played full back. Damn shame.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If Solanke can get £20m fee from Liverpool for not playing, surely we'd be getting close to £30 for AMN? HG, athletic, powerful, decent PL exposure and can play in multiple positions.

I've got my accountant hat on (ruthless), and he's an asset we could sell quite easily, there'd be a host of teams who would be willing to sign this guy.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Really, i don't know what people saw yesterday. He was atrocious. His ball control reminded me of Gervinho and positional play was even worse. He was literally all over the place.

say yes

forum master baiter
Topsy turvy game IMO. Can see he still isn't comfortable at right back. Difficult to trust him in that role. He was good in the duels but dwelled too much on the ball and his positioning wasn't as good as it should be.

That said, he wasn't terrible and I'm finding it hard to believe that people reckon he was. Becoming the new scapegoat already and I'm not surprised. I knew this would happen if he played full back. Damn shame.

I thought he had a very good second half tbh. Would stick with him in that role. He's just back from injury and needs time. Still a little behind the pace of the game but United (with their pace out wide) is hardly an easy fixture for an out of position CM.

Still clearly a big talent.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
If Solanke can get £20m fee from Liverpool for not playing, surely we'd be getting close to £30 for AMN? HG, athletic, powerful, decent PL exposure and can play in multiple positions.

I've got my accountant hat on (ruthless), and he's an asset we could sell quite easily, there'd be a host of teams who would be willing to sign this guy.

10M tops and that is an optimistic estimate. Solanke is striker as well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Another thing i don't get is why people think playing multiple positions is a good thing. All it means is he's not good enough to nail one down properly.

At this point it’s about game experience. I’ve seen so many young players say getting on the field as much as possible is key.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

And i see the idea of him being a midfielder hasn't gone away:lol: What is that even based on?

The bit under my avatar was from when we were super desperate and Xhaka and Elneny were depressing us all. Wouldnt have him near the 11 now

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Another thing i don't get is why people think playing multiple positions is a good thing. All it means is he's not good enough to nail one down properly.

We ruined loads of players doing this. Ox played about 8 positions in a month at one point

Latest posts

Top Bottom