Aissa Mandi

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevi, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Aevi

Aevi Smooth Moderator

2. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Do we buy because of the chance to sing the Barry Manilow song, or do we not buy because of the threat of the Barry Manilow song? Some big calls to make here.

3. dashsnow17

Very good passer apparently.

4. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Was just looking at his OptaPro analytics. His distribution numbers are very high.

[​IMG]

I've seen him play, of course, but haven't watched him closely enough to have formed a particular opinion. But as I like to say, I'm not a scout anyway and don't pretend to be one on the internet. So if Emery wants this guy, that's good enough for me.

yybecause, SingmeasongSong and asukru like this.
  5. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I dont want Mandi. Please dont sign any 'maybe' players at CB. Lets just sign the sure thing and be done with that position for the foreseeable future. Rather than finding ourselves in the same position again in 2 years after having a shocking defence again

6. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Van Dijk was once a maybe player, as was Koscienly.

Is a ‘sure thing’ at centre back really within our budget?

7. Slartibartfast

Funny thing, I remember well when Arsenal was linked with Van Dijk in 2015. He was openly excited about possibly moving to Arsenal. But fan reaction to the possibility was quite mixed. A lot of people thought he must not be that good if he played for Celtic in an inferior league. In fact (and I won't call anyone out on this) there are several who still post here regularly who did not want him when he was linked from Southampton in 2017.

Of course as we know now from Celtic assistant coach John Collins, Arsenal turned down the opportunity to sign him in '15 because they thought he was too "nonchalant."

Malky likes this.
  8. dashsnow17

Who's a 'sure thing' CB we could sign?

9. Slartibartfast

After watching his performance on the weekend, Tim Ream would be a sure thing. But probably not in the way you mean. :D

dashsnow17 likes this.
  10. Red London

I dont get paid to know the availability or price of good CBs but there are some out there, I'm so sick of signing average defenders. With positions like attack or even midfield you can find gems but at CB we need a dominant experienced player

11. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Then we went on and signed Gabriel instead. :lol:

Think any CB we sign will be a risk, unless we get a huge transfer budget in the summer and sign someone with the quality of De Ligt or Koulibaly

Slartibartfast likes this.
  12. Red London

I didnt say we need a VVD quality signing though. Just not another player in the 20-30m range who is actually a big risk at that price. You end up shelling big money for someone who sits on that wage and doesnt add enough, we have experienced this issue enough times

Id happily have CB as our only 'major' signing this summer as long as theyre good

13. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Initial loan, with a view to making it permanent in the summer according to the article quoted

Aevi likes this.
  14. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Looking at the amount of rumors we are trying to sign from 0 to 6 players

15. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

:lol:

Sick of hearing loan with option to buy.

Giroud12 and say yes like this.
  16. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Good player but I can't see it happening

17. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Is that the paper always linking us to Banega?

18. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Would fit in well being undersized for the position & right footed.

Let me guess he is also a bit **** at defending?

19. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

No idea on the player whatsoever, but "undersized" is a bit harsh considering he's 1.85m and with it 1cm taller than Sergio Ramos, which, as I can remember, has been considered best CB in the world by a lot of people over the last years.

20. blaise

blaise Well-Known Member

Is he RB or CB? would prefer RB this month myself