• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ajax confirm Trabelsi is a Gooner

Kristel

GoonerGurjit said:
If the deal doesn't go through, then that would leave Trabelsi in a bit of a limbo. He's not exactly going back to Ajax, is he?
He won't play for Ajax anymore about 80 % of the ajax supporters hate him now . and on ajax forums there already talking about cursing him if he comes to the Amsterdam tournament whit Arsenal.

And Koeman doesn'te want him anymore so he doesn'te realy have any choice

Andrew

GoonerGurjit said:
Andrew said:
Well if we are offering Trabelsi 15,000 quid a week, then I think it suggests that he won't be an automatic choice

When Overmars joined, he was 'only' on £17k a week.

The wage is not the only reason why I think he won't start. But anyway, wages for players seem to be increasing every year so 15,000 isn't as much as it was last decade.

patrick42uk

Established Member
fathi instead of trabelsi looks a serious possibility. fathi apparantly is very good going forward. if hoyte is being converted to cb, i'll be all for this kid.

Adam

Established Member
If Trabelsi wants another year on his contract for money reasons - then i'd take Fathy. Wenger knows that at 27 - for Trabelsi a 4 year contract is sufficient.

Alexone234

Quotes one Sky Sports News said that Wenger described the deal as "hitting a snag", explaining that "personal contractual negotiations had broken down, and this was dissappointed about this".

GOONERITTI

I think Hatem wants a 4 year contract and Arsenal wants to give him a 3 years contract only!!!! thats the main problem :(

By the way I have been watching Ahmed Fathi in the last 2 years he is a great talent but there is no comparison at all between him and Trabelsi, Trabelsi is far better than fathi and fathi needs 3 or 4 years to compete with Hatem OR to reach his level !!! Come one Wenger give Hatem 4 years contract :lol:

thegreatbriton

So Hatem was desperate to escape Ajax becaus ehis contracvt was to LONG, and now won't sign for us as we are offering a contract too SHORT !

calvinngai88

I'm sure Trabelsi will still sign even if Wenger doesn't offer a 4yr contract, because he has said before he likes to play in Arsenal. In order to fulfill his wish, he'll definitely make a sacrifice.

Adam

Established Member
GOONERITTI said:
I think Hatem wants a 4 year contract and Arsenal wants to give him a 3 years contract only!!!! thats the main problem :(

By the way I have been watching Ahmed Fathi in the last 2 years he is a great talent but there is no comparison at all between him and Trabelsi, Trabelsi is far better than fathi and fathi needs 3 or 4 years to compete with Hatem OR to reach his level !!! Come one Wenger give Hatem 4 years contract :lol:

How do you know Arsenal have offered 3 and Hatem wants 4?

Is there a source?

It does make sense in a way - he'll be 30, and Hoyte will be 22 (the age before Upson left).

And after 2 years, we will know whether Trabelsi is worth another contract, and whether he is committed. With a 4 year contract - it is more of a risk.

calvinngai88

How about this. A 3 year contract with an option of extending another year? This will do fine I hope. Wenger has high hopes on his youngsters. ;D

GOONERITTI

How do you know Arsenal have offered 3 and Hatem wants 4?

Is there a source?

most of the tunisian media and people are saying that... and as i said in my post ( I THINK ) according to wat the Tunisian people are gossiping ,, as you see iam from Morocco and Tunisia is our neighbour and everybody speaking about Hatem

And after 2 years, we will know whether Trabelsi is worth another contract, and whether he is committed. With a 4 year contract - it is more of a risk.

but its also the player rights to assure his future at the club and a player like Hatem Surely have a lot of offers so its up to him to take the best offer which ensures his future … you can’t blame him!!!!

t does make sense in a way - he'll be 30, and Hoyte will be 22 (the age before Upson left).

when he will be 30 Arsenal can sell him and gain money because one year will left in his contract ( if it 4 year ) same as with palour but if he reach 30 he can go free ( if he signed 3 years contract)

Adam

Established Member
I am not saying i don't think Arsenal should offer him 4 - i think they should, but i understand why they would offer 3.

Trabelsi has 4 years in him. If Cafu and Carlos can carry on, so can he.

And Dixon. And Winterburn. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom