• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Akpom out (loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Off to Hull on a season long loan according to Sky. Can't see a thread elsewhere but hopefully a good move to a decent club that should be looking for promotion.

It's very important that he gets game time and even Though Wenger said he will stay here I always thought he needed that loan.

Might free up space now for another striker as the only striker at the club is Giroud, the rest are half Strikers.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This became public on Fri and is interesting as 2 weeks ago Wenger said he would not be going on loan. So has something changed?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This became public on Fri and is interesting as 2 weeks ago Wenger said he would not be going on loan. So has something changed?

Trying to get more wages covered or a bigger loan fee perhaps?

Not sure if it's a good loan or not, he'll need to play regularly and Hull want to get straight back to the Premier League. Doubt they'll have patience to blood him.

A mid-table Championship side would probably suit him better.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Trying to get more wages covered or a bigger loan fee perhaps?

Not sure if it's a good loan or not, he'll need to play regularly and Hull want to get straight back to the Premier League. Doubt they'll have patience to blood him.

A mid-table Championship side would probably suit him better.

I think he will get games, I also think he'll do well for them. You may be right about higher loan fee, he certainly needs a loan as he wont get many chances staying with Arsenal, especially when we buy another CF :D

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hull probably promised him some decent minutes and actual playing time.

I'm sure they did but did Wenger change his mind about a loan because he is signing another CF or was he always going on loan despite Wenger saying he wouldn't? Thats the unknown factor!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Akpom could have pushed for a loan once a club like Hull showed interest.

Wenger's hand could have been forced if the player thought he would play for Hull.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Akpm's not good enough to play 1st team football at Arsenal right now-he proved that in pre-season. He needs competitive game time if he wants to improve. His finishing has always looked a little suspect to me-at least when I watched him in the Arsenal youths.

Hope he can makea good impression at Hull-he'll have to grow up fast.

RuskyAdam

Glad he's going on loan, he wouldn't get enough game time here to flourish.

Good luck Chuba! He just needs to show more passion in his tackles

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Well that's what we are all praying for:) We will see!
We are short at CF now so best making room for someone.

We have Giroud as the only out and out CF, Theo,Welbeck and Alexis are WF capable of playing CF personally I always think a mix is needed ie a Cf capable of playing WF and a WF capable of playing Cf. We've that issue sorted for every other position dual players but depth in the primary position ie Ramsey and Wilshere primary midfielders capable of playing WF

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We are short at CF now so best making room for someone.

We have Giroud as the only out and out CF, Theo,Welbeck and Alexis are WF capable of playing CF personally I always think a mix is needed ie a Cf capable of playing WF and a WF capable of playing Cf. We've that issue sorted for every other position dual players but depth in the primary position ie Ramsey and Wilshere primary midfielders capable of playing WF

Yes we are short, and more importantly no straight replacement for a player like Giroud, ie big & powerful. Enter Benzema or Lewa:)

Here is my take on this.

Chuba was ment to stay with us while Iwobi probably would go on loan but because Iwobi had better pre-season Wenger probably want to keep Iwobi to take a better look on him and give Akpom a chance to prove him self on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom