• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alain Traoré

Proof

Established Member
Re: Alain Traore

According to reports in France, the Gunners have been tracking versatile forward Traore for several months, and tried to push through a deal in the final few days of the January transfer window, only for a thigh injury to mean Arsenal pulled the plug.

<a class="postlink" href="http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/02/arsenal-set-for-summer-bid-for-alain-traore-after-injury-halts-january-move-3378367/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/02/arsenal-s ... e-3378367/</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://miusoccer.com/arsenal-line-up-summer-move-for-lorient-star/6624" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://miusoccer.com/arsenal-line-up-su ... -star/6624</a>

GDeep™

League is very weak

No more Africans from France, especially attackers.

Our next 3/4 signings have to be good - CB, CM, Winger, CF.

We have the makings of a good team and alot of our deadwood is coming to the end of their deals, a few quality signings and we look half decent.

If we are looking at France, I want N'Kolou, Capoue etc.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Nope. No 'highly rated' French attackers unless they're of the Giroud/ Benzema ilk.

Newcastle will probably nab him anyway.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Dunno anything about him but its rather near-sighted to downgrade his potential because he's African or from the French league or is not a star. Hmm, wait, Adebayor was exactly all 3 of those. He may well be a dud or a stud but we need more objectivity and less subjectivity.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

leo_ense said:
Don't like the sound of traore, the last one we had was awful.

I'd love that 6'8" Anzhi striker here, Lacina Traoré. There's a number of meh players who are named Touré, you wouldn't pass on Yaya because of that either would you?

Don't know too much about Alain, read that he's doing well for Lorient since his move, I've never seen him play though.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would rather we stay away from the French league, it's gone to pot recently, hardly any great players playing there.

mo50

Established Member

THunter said:
Would rather we stay away from the French league, it's gone to pot recently, hardly any great players playing there.

Agreed. What we should do is let Newcastle sign them up, and we sign the ones that step it up in the PL.

We don't waste 2-3 years waiting for them to start delivering (and subsequently ****ing off to Barca) and there is a higher chance that they'll be a success here.

Gunner_Brody

Good player from what ive seen although havent seen that much of him. But we need to be looking at higher quality really.

glaveror

GDeep said:
No more Africans from France, especially attackers.

Our next 3/4 signings have to be good - CB, CM, Winger, CF.

We have the makings of a good team and alot of our deadwood is coming to the end of their deals, a few quality signings and we look half decent.

If we are looking at France, I want N'Kolou, Capoue etc.

Completely agree with this,we definitely don't need players going out in the middle of the season.
And besides that who are the great African players in the last decade beside Drogba and Eto'o? Essien was great but injuries got in the way and none of them played for us anyway so who cares. :):)

Floating

Established Member

Glovegun said:
Is anybody else wondering why we didn't go for Moussa Sissoko?

If you look at his performances for Newcastle so far, he's definitely not a defensive player. In fact, many of his best moments were in the opponents' half. He seems more like an attacking box-to-box midfielder, and less like a DM that sits intelligently and protects, which is probably what we need.

In that sense, he's much more similar to a Diaby, and less to an Arteta. I feel like Wenger is looking for another Arteta.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Nope. No 'highly rated' French attackers unless they're of the Giroud/ Benzema ilk.

:|

You got one saying no more French Africans and this one saying more players of Giroud ilk?

Wish I never clicked on this bloody thread.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado

mo50 said:
THunter said:

Agreed. What we should do is let Newcastle sign them up, and we sign the ones that step it up in the PL.

We don't waste 2-3 years waiting for them to start delivering (and subsequently ******* off to Barca) and there is a higher chance that they'll be a success here.

need an evilhomer ekcellent gif here. unleash the diabolical plan for world domination

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

psycho said:
Taylor Gang Gunners said:

:|

You got one saying no more French Africans and this one saying more players of Giroud ilk?

Wish I never clicked on this bloody thread.

I wish you never clicked on it either.

Noute wrong with having more players of Giroud's ability. Or are you pleased with Chamakh as our backup out and out ST?

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom