• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alan Dzagoev

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arshavin backs Russian ace
Arsenal midfielder gets behind fellow Russian amid Prem talk

Andrey Arshavin has branded reported Arsenal target Alan Dzagoev as the most talented young footballer in Russia.

The attacking midfielder, who plays for CSKA Moscow, has been linked with a move to the Premier League after impressing in the Russian top flight.

The Gunners and north London rivals Tottenham are thought to be chasing his signature, with reports suggesting that both clubs have made £12million offers for the 21-year-old.

Dzagoev has the backing of fellow Russia midfielder and Arsenal man Arshavin, 30, who rates him as the hottest young prospect in his country.

"I think Alan is the most talented young footballer from Russia," Arshavin told Sovsport.ru.

"I hope he can develop as a player and he will be the key member of the national team."

Dzagoev became the youngest outfield player ever to play for Russia when he made his senior international debut as an 18-year-old back in 2008.

Real Madrid were previously thought to be interested in the youngster but he chose to remain in Moscow, insisting he would prefer a Premier League move over Spain and citing Chelsea as his preferred destination.
I have always liked him and this to me will make more sense than moving Nasri to middle but Dzagoev will benefit with another season with CSKA Moscow

His performance in Europe
35G - 9G 8A
His performance in Russia League
85G - 22G 24A

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bossa said:
This guy is very good but not the player that we need right now.
what we need right now is to make sure we are a better team than what we were last season. Buying a strong PL established CB will definitely do that but I am not sure offensively we can sell Fabregas and move someone like Nasri in the middle and buy mata and become better offensively

But getting someone like Dzagoev is not the answer either for me, the perfect scenario will be to keep Cesc for another season, sell or make Nasri sign a new long term contract (get Mata if he doesn't sign) and buy someone like Dzagoev next season so we have three offensive players for the two CM/ACM positions in Dzagoev, Wilshere and Ramsey FOR 12/13 SESASON

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Since rumors continue to swirl and as late as end of October there were reports of a 14 mil bid in the making by Wenger for this guy in January which is definitely possible considering Arsenal scouts have been following this guy for 2 years now, I'll start updating this thread with any new info that shows up in the Russian press.

Anybody who is curious and want to find out more about Alan can see him play against Lille in the Champion's League on Tuesday at 18:00 CET, so almost 3 hours earlier than the rest of the games since it is in Russia. I'll put up a link as soon as I find one.

They are going to be missing their top striker, Doumbia, in this game since he is suspended but Vagner Love and Dzagoev should still provide a good offense. For Lille this is a must win so I'm sure they'll try to press.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I've only seen him a few times and he looked class. He's got that special touch of quality about him, very confident on the ball, can use both legs very well, good passer and crosser, good dribbler, VERY hard worker both offensively and defensivly and he's got a good shot on him as well.

RUS arsenal will probably correct me if my assumptions are wrong :p

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Dokaka said:
I've only seen him a few times and he looked class. He's got that special touch of quality about him, very confident on the ball, can use both legs very well, good passer and crosser, good dribbler, VERY hard worker both offensively and defensivly and he's got a good shot on him as well.

RUS arsenal will probably correct me if my assumptions are wrong :p
You forgot that he can out-midget Wilshere :D

Another little fact I left out is that after a slow summer he is really picking up form right now, here is a highlight video of CSKA agaisnt Anzhi, CSKA won 5-3 with Dzagoev picking up a goal and 3 assists. CSKA is in white and Dzagoev wears #10, match was played on Oct 23, 2011:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibaz0BUj438&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibaz0BUj ... re=related</a>

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Sounds like very little money for the most talented Russian player. Would be amazed if he goes elsewhere for so little. The've plenty of money in Russian football nowadays.

Rate him very high.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Yes he did and here is an english link, at least I believe it is english (I'm going to watch the Russian feed).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport24.me/streams/CreepyTV2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport24.me/streams/CreepyTV2.html</a>

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
RUS arsenal said:
Yes he did and here is an english link, at least I believe it is english (I'm going to watch the Russian feed).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport24.me/streams/CreepyTV2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport24.me/streams/CreepyTV2.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That link is banned brah.

Check the "Watching Arsenal" thread in The Dump, there's tons of streams in there.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
With the winter transfer window nearing, more and more rumours are starting to pop up on multiple sites about a 15 mil bid in the making for Dzagoev. Seems Wenger likes that Alan can play either centrally or on the wing.

This kid is very much the diamond in the rough who needs Wenger's magic touch. If he wants to succeed outside of Russia, Arsenal is the way to go for him. Hopefully he'll realize it too and doesn't go to Chelsea if they come calling.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Rumours in the Russian media?
Both Russian and Western media. Not sure how credible, but some Russian sources cite Russian player agents who are in England right now.

ArseGod

Would like him to replace Arshavin. Next season forward three

Aneke Afobe Cambpell
Ox Podolski Dzagoev
Walcott RVP Gervinho

Count it

Latest posts

Top Bottom