• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alan Dzagoev

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Vela said:
I know he scored a couple the over-day but I wasn't that impress with him?
Did you notice it was Dzagoev who started the move on his first goal?

Sure, he won't dazzle you with too much flash but he makes key passes and has great goal scoring instincts, something we definitely could use in the midfield. The reason I think he could take it up a level on a better team is because he has great vision on the field and very often that's the difference between good players and special ones.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He is like Lampard/Ballack to me, makes a lot of key runs and moves and scores alot of important goals. Always pops up in critical position to finish moves off.

Won't amazed people because he doesnt have fanciful tricks and long range passes though, but if you analyse his game he is superb

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Clrnc said:
He is like Lampard/Ballack to me, makes a lot of key runs and moves and scores alot of important goals. Always pops up in critical position to finish moves off.

Won't amazed people because he doesnt have fanciful tricks and long range passes though, but if you analyse his game he is superb
Actually his long range passing is also quite good, it is just that he doesn't go for the hollywood pass very often if he has an option to start a team-wide attacking move and that, ironically, also seems to be Arsenal's strategy in the post Cesc era. In that sense he is a lot like Modric but with better through ball and goalscoring ability.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Obviously a very good player, good decision making and doesn't force unnecessary passes or fancy moves. it helps that he knows his strengths and weaknesses, plays a relaxed, patient game. i don't know if that's why he doesn't come across as too much of a flair player, but he's still decent technically and has enough elegance to his game - not unlike gourcuff (in reference to style). that coupled with important assets - his shooting, and presumable long range passing.

who knows though, the EPL is a different beast, and as much combination of physique and technique, the better. haven't seen him enough obviously, so for those of you who have, please expand. tremendously interesting player, if we're linked, there must be something Arsène likes about him.

danccm

his stock just raise again as he netted yet another goal. plus he is on a free in 6 months time.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
danccm said:
his stock just raise again as he netted yet another goal. plus he is on a free in 6 months time.
That means that he can't be too expensive. I'm surprised that a lot of Europe's best doesn't seem to be after him though. Seems worth a punt, definitely.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I like him he's very simplistic in his style and direct, he's like a younger version of Lampard and Dempsey.

Mudi

This guy has a contract till 12/2012 :shock:

Get him Wenger!!!! Would be a great AMC!!!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
16m euros its 12.5m pounds we can afford that come on wenger made your next step.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
irishgunnerz said:
Guys - try not to bump a thread without a link. Agree he's an exciting talent but haven't seen anything of late about Arsenal interest in him. Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Irony :wink:

(yes, I'm aware of the double irony too...)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We are only being linked to him because he's had a good Euro so far, and we may need an AM. I dont believe anything will come out of this.

Yaya

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bild.de%2Fsport%2Ffussball-em-2012-polen-ukraine%2Fem-2012%2Fzaubert-der-russen-knipser-bald-mit-poldi-24641168.bild.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... .bild.html</a>

Go on Wenger. :lol: Make a cheeky bid!

GDeep™

League is very weak
On a free, this would be dream stuff.

Everyone will be after him now though, im thinking 10-15 clubs.

Yaya

Established Member
GDeep said:
On a free, this would be dream stuff.

Everyone will be after him now though, im thinking 10-15 clubs.

Wouldn't be surprised if Man City are in for him/make a move first.

baccy_man

Established Member
You would have to wonder what sort of recommendation that Arshavin would give this lad about Arsenal after the lack of playing time that he has had and being played out of position a lot of the time.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom