• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alan Dzagoev

RUS arsenal

Established Member
baccy_man said:
You would have to wonder what sort of recommendation that Arshavin would give this lad about Arsenal after the lack of playing time that he has had and being played out of position a lot of the time.
Arshavin's lack of work ethic is the main reason he lost his starting position, however, there will be NO lack of work ethic from Dzagoev, this kid always gives a 100% and never quits, I can guarantee that. No give up in him either, he will always give a damn. I think Wenger would absolutely love his attitude as opposed to Arshavin's.

Invincible

Established Member
baccy_man said:
You would have to wonder what sort of recommendation that Arshavin would give this lad about Arsenal after the lack of playing time that he has had and being played out of position a lot of the time.
If the lad had any sense about him he wouldn't listen to what that lazy unprofessional git has to say anyway.

Bossa

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2159496/Arsenal-eye-CSKA-Moscow-ace-Alan-Dzagoev.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... agoev.html</a>

fabo

6.51 / 10
I don't see us buying any attacking-mids.

Not overly fussed by Dzagoev from the bits I've seen anyway.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
I'd have him. Intelligent, Quick, Direct.

I'm loving the fact were being linked to all these attackers.

We must've got a hefty tax rebate!

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Who is this man and what does he do, classic question, is he good enough?

I know he apparantly plays beind the striker across teh attacking line.

Giroud, Podolski, Gerv, Walcott, RVP, Ox, Kalou (poss), Dzagoev (poss) ..... what are we going to do with all this lot unless Dzagoev is replacing Rosicky for the longer term?

lee1001

Established Member
I think people are getting way to excited about a player who has had a couple good games for Russia in the Euro's (coincidentally so has Arshavin) and that's it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
lee1001 said:
I think people are getting way to excited about a player who has had a couple good games for Russia in the Euro's (coincidentally so has Arshavin) and that's it.

It is like the polar opposite of what is happening with Podolski.

squallkid

Established Member
Anyone here think Arshavin will gives us a glowing recommendation?

We already had Mertesacker telling Podolski about us and Koscielny is good friends with Giroud.

Is this how we're handling our transfers now :lol:?

el57

lee1001 said:

He was reasonably hyped at CSKA the past couple years as a rising star but I'll be honest, it's not like I ever watched a domestic CSKA match so I can't say much about him.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
lee1001 said:
But that's not it...

As a teen in his first year at CSKA he really impressed. Now admittedly, he has not progressed quite as fast as people expected but he is still on track and probably needs a higher quality environment to take that next step. For someone with his work ethic and willingness to work, someone like Wenger will do wonders for him.

He is also a clutch player as well, something we could really use.

baccy_man

Established Member
A report on sky says that he does not want to talk about transfers untill after the euro's and has shown a preference to Chelsea in the past,

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/19692/7816032/Dzagoev-puts-future-on-hold" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... re-on-hold</a>

I don't know if Chelsea would need him now with the players that they are after.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
If Chelsea decide to go after him then they'll get him but if they don't then we have a good shot with a serious bid.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

lee1001 said:
100% agree. I never like the idea of buying a player on the basis of an international tournament. They all know the world is watching and if they have 3 good games their value goes through the roof.

Different story if we have been tracking him over the course of a season and he has been quality throughout that season.

iced22

Yeah, but he's been on the scene for 3 years already.

Just received less hype because he played in the Russian league.

And unlike most other tournament stars, his price won't skyrocket as much because he's out of contract in 6 months.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
If we are in for him surely we'll have been tracking him for a while and know about his contract situation and see him as a canny buy. Wenger isn't Daglish or another halfwit who bases his decision on watching 10miniutes of a player and flicking through their stats. He uses his scouting system wisely even if sometimes it doesn't quite work, ie Chamakh

Latest posts

Top Bottom