• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alan Smith

JazzG

Established Member
Smith is very loyal to Leeds, he will only leave if he is properly forced out. In january I think Viduka will leave, so they should be able to hang onto Smith :(

He is talented but loses his temper too easily. If someone fouls him he usually gets up and fouls them...............He will fit right in with us :mrgreen: Wenger would need to calm him down but channel his aggression on football matters only.

A

Anonymous

I dont like the sound of this one.

I have never rated Smith and really dont think he would fit in at Arsenal.
He is not a poor player, but he is not the player we need.

Moving down to London would be a massive step for him, and it would take him a long time to settle in. I think that there are better players around than Smith.

Also i doubt that Leeds would sell in January.

onenil

- Rooney is potentially world class and probably deserves to partner Owen

how can someone make a stupid statement like this.

Ronney is not a world class player. He is just a ****ing average 16-yr made amazing by the british press just like the idiot beckham

how many goals he scored.

JGooner

congratulations, you have actually managed to quote something i wrote and STILL pretend I said something else. I didn't say Rooney is world class, i said he is "potentially" world class, which should be pretty evident. He is not prolific because he is not an out-and-out centre forward (although Moyes tries to play him there). His natural position is behind a line leader, where he can make runs from deep, thread passes through to the main striker, pull out wide, create space, and score around 15 goals a seasosn - probably more as he gets older.

If he is "average", I suppose Raul is just "good"? And he is 18, not 16.

satan_beckham

hes good no doubt about that,and he will surely want a move to revive his carreer that seems so promising only last season only to have dipped over the months,hes good,but how many red card do u think he will get?he will well help increasing the number to a century! :D

Leewat3

On a slightly different note, the real Alan Smith isn't in the good books with Arsenal and has been banned from the training ground because of his comments after the man u game.

invisibleman18

Established Member
I think Smith would be a good singing at a cheap price. Although maybe not my first choice, I wouldn't mind it if we got him. the reason maybe he doesn't score a great amount of goals at Leeds may be because he doesn;t get great support. With the likes of pires etc he could be worth the small fee. He has the potential I think to be that penalty area finisher that we would like, while also being able to provide from outside the box for Henry. he's got decent speed and with quality support and ball he can be a good finisher. the thing that worries me is his temper as he does get in trouble with the ref a lot and i can see all the headlines- another dirty player for arsenal, how long till smith becomes a treu arsenal player by getting red card etc but he is young and can learn with decent guidance unlike Leeds yobs. I wouldn't mind if we got him as I would love to see another English player come through our first team rather than buy more foreigners and repeatedly get called a "french" team or a foreign team. lets leave that to Chelsea aye.

Pikeypete

Natnat said:
My mind not quite made up, I keep on chopping and changing :)

You're allowed Natnat, its a female privilledge :wink: :eek:ops:

.. so what about Smith and Kluivert IN with Kanu/Wiltord and Bergkamp(retires) OUT.

I for one wouldnt mind Henry in the DB10 role and Smith more forward with Ali/Bentley (Youth) and Kluivert (experience) on the bench.

marhes26

Dont want Smith.He wouldnt fit in with out type of play.Who's goin to put crosses into the box for him??.They should sign me,im 6'4 15 stone and have the vision of Bergkamp...one lazy eye and a decent right one! lol :lol:

lewdikris

Established Member
On reflection, whatever happens, Leeds won't let him go in january - that really would be **** for them. They'll need him and Batty to give them even a shot of staying up. But if they do go down (and straight into oblivion, because of the financial implications), we could asset strip him (horrible but true) for next to nothing.

Azabaxe

AS is the kind of player one hates completely hates unless he's playing on your side. Aggressive, talented, occasionally visionary, physically fit and young. Who says players with those characteristics can't produce for AFC? He feels like a Gunner.

seanconvey66

id take him but would only go as far as 6 million, mite be an idea to wait till they go down and then assest strip as Lewdikris points out.

Aussie

Established Member
wouldnt be able to get him in January which is when we need him as leeds need to hang to him for as long as they can to increase there chances of staying up

KoLo28

Who care's what all of us think about who we need, its up to Wenger and the board... lets see what happens and hopefully they'll make the right decision... even if we dont get a striker in january... we'll still be ok. Kanu, wiltord, bergkamp are all very capable... even ali.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I'd worry he might be the next Frannie Jeffers.

Actually, he's clearly better than Jeffers although I'm not sure he'd fit in with our squad, nor that he'd feel any any sense at home amongst them.

If I were Smith & looking for a move, I'd have my eye on Anfield, especially given Owen's wanderlust...

Taozhe

HE wont be expensive and fits our budget and a good proven striker at a ****e team. I suppose he will do well in Arsenal, provided we can get him :)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom