• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alan Smith

Robno.7

i don't think we will get him seeing as leeds might get bailed out by that fan of theirs. would love him here tho. :lol:

invisibleman18

Established Member
id like Smith the player but not the person that comes with it. when u talk about football hooligans/yobs, he is one of the first names to come to mind. we have had enough crap said about our discipline already but i would quite like Smith the player.

Jinn

Established Member
Taozhe said:
HE wont be expensive and fits our budget and a good proven striker at a ****e team. I suppose he will do well in Arsenal, provided we can get him :)

Hm. That's what we said about Jeffers.

AFCG7

Established Member
Jeffers for Everton was brilliant.. i thought when we signed him that he and Henry would a very good partnership.
You never know 100% with players.. but so far Wenger has got it right more often than not and of he thinks Smith is the one then he'll get him

OoDy

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 71,00.html

EXCLUSIVE

Flog one of us
By SHAUN CUSTIS

LEEDS players have staged a revolt against proposals to cut their wages and told the club: “You’ll have to sell one of us.”

The ultimatum has plunged the rock-bottom Premiership outfit further into crisis.

Only the sale of star striker and Leeds fanatic Alan Smith could raise the £5million chief executive Trevor Birch needs to keep the club operating until the end of the season.

Arsenal last night moved ahead of Newcastle and Liverpool in the race to sign Smith with boss Arsène Wenger desperate for more firepower.

Leeds are £83m in debt and wanted the players to defer 30 per cent of their wages until the end of the season.

The squad held a stormy meeting with PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor and Birch at the training ground yesterday.

Taylor argued the players should defer the wages to give Birch more time to find a buyer.

But the players, some of whom would be giving up £350,000, refused point blank because they are worried they may never see the money again.

Then they told Birch one of them would have to be sold.

It was not quite the way Leeds reflected the situation in a statement in which they called the meeting “positive”.

It has left Birch in an unenviable position. He has long argued that selling players would be the last resort but is now left with little option.

A source close to the players said: “Leeds cannot guarantee the players will ever see their money again.

“It is hardly their fault Leeds are in the financial mess they are.

“It is not the same scenario as was the case with Leicester and Crystal Palace, who did not have any great assets to sell.

“Leeds have players like Alan Smith, Paul Robinson and Mark Viduka who can all be sold for a price.

“The problem is that the sale of Viduka would not raise the club any money because it is all owed to a leasing company.

“Robinson probably would not raise enough so there is only Smith who could bring in the cash Birch wants.”

Arsenal boss Wenger has moved for Smith after losing interest in Jermain Defoe because he flatly refuses to meet West Ham’s £12m asking price.

Chips&CurrySauce

We've been liinked with Reyes, Van Persie, Defoe, Kluivert and Eto'o. If we end up with smith I will be gutted. Lacks pace, isnt an out and out striker and his game basically is all about drive and determination with not much else aart from a bad temper!

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Chips&CurrySauce said:
We've been liinked with Reyes, Van Persie, Defoe, Kluivert and Eto'o. If we end up with smith I will be gutted.

LOL we all will be. Defoe is the weakest link here imo. Too much mulla just because his is English. Reyes or RvP is a great choice.

Eto'o is gone imo. We will get Kluivert and either Reys or RvP, then again none of us saw that one coming (RvP) if we are honest.

Top Bottom