• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alberto Aquilani

has this been taken??

Re: Aquilani linked

Arseblog today pointed out that the agent, Vincenzi Morabito, is the same one who suggested that Alex Hleb went for an ice-cream in Milan.

Therefore, it's pretty likely that he's chatting **** again.

dendito

Funny how Wiki already put Arsenal as his current club lol!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Aquilani

Personal information
Full name Alberto Aquilani
Date of birth July 7, 1984 (1984-07-07) (age 23)
Place of birth Rome, Italy
Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position Central Midfielder
Club information
Current club Arsenal
clubnumber = 8

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

longrufus said:
Feels like agent talk to me, trying to get better wages for his client. Dont see this happening to be honest.

Exactly the way I read it, someone hunting for a fatter pay check.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

dendito said:
Funny how Wiki already put Arsenal as his current club lol!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Aquilani

Personal information
Full name Alberto Aquilani
Date of birth July 7, 1984 (1984-07-07) (age 23)
Place of birth Rome, Italy
Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position Central Midfielder
Club information
Current club Arsenal
clubnumber = 8
Anybody can logon to wiki and change the info there tbh.

However the last time Wiki put Fabianski club as Arsenal 2 months before the announced deal, it went through

nazo

Established Member

Can this guy play on the wings?
I haven't seen him play that much.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

bluenaz said:
Can this guy play on the wings?
I haven't seen him play that much.
Nope. He is purely a central midfielder. Not very hardworking though. Classy Central mid.

But he have a hell of a shot in him.

USgoonergirl

Established Member

I hope we dont sign him, he is a good player but he would do nothing stuck out on the wings.

I also wouldnt want to see him come here, and doubt he would because he always seemed like someone whose heart was set in Rome, I dont know how well he would adjust.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Can''t see him coming really only if he will replace Flamini

USgoonergirl

Established Member

Aquilani: Im 100% Roma
Alberto Aquilani is “flattered” by reported interest from Arsenal, but he is completely dedicated to the Roma cause.

The gifted midfield starlet has become a pivotal figure for the Giallorossi and is seen as a foundation for the future of the club.

However, Aquilani’s agent Vincenzo Morabito claimed on Monday that Arsenal had opened talks for the 23-year-old.

“I can only say that I am flattered,” the Azzurri talent told the Corriere dello Sport.

“According to speculation I have already gone to two or three of the mentioned sides.

“But I have a deal at Roma until 2010. I am a part of this Giallorossi team and no other sides matter. Talk of a move makes no sense.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... ay21i.html

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

USgoonergirl said:
The gifted midfield starlet has become a pivotal figure for the Giallorossi and is seen as a foundation for the future of the club.

i find this bit funny... i actually watched a LOT of Serie A this season, and he hardly played a "pivotal role".. he was a sub in most games I watched, coming on in like the 70th minute...

not saying i would mind him here, because i certainly wouldnt be against it, but its not like Roma is a team built around him....

USgoonergirl

Established Member

USArsenal said:
USgoonergirl said:

i find this bit funny... i actually watched a LOT of Serie A this season, and he hardly played a "pivotal role".. he was a sub in most games I watched, coming on in like the 70th minute...

not saying i would mind him here, because i certainly wouldnt be against it, but its not like Roma is a team built around him....
Aquilani has been injured alot this year and last so its been hard for him to cement a place in the squad. Spalletti also seems to favor Pizzaro over him which makes it harder for him to break into the team. In the beginning of the season though Pizarro was out injured and Aquilani was playing very well and the spot stayed his even when Pizarro came back, but then unfortunatly Aquilani was injured and was out for a while and took longer to get back on form. His Coppa Italia performance against Inter though was fantastic, so he is certainly more than capable of becoming a key squad member if he can stay fit.

Top Bottom