• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alberto Gilardino

Gurgen

Established Member
This guy is pure class. Everytime I've seen him he's impressed me, but we obviously can't compete with Milan etc.

shaz

dont wanna sound like a prick, but why cant we compete with milan? because they are a bigger team than us? or cos of money wise?

asajoseph

Established Member
There isn't even a link in this article - the only thing that actually links us is the title and sub-title, neither of which do any more than state that we're interested.

COMPLETE non-story this one. Although I'd love it if it were true.

asajoseph

Established Member
dont wanna sound like a prick, but why cant we compete with milan? because they are a bigger team than us? or cos of money wise?

Because they probably have more money, are historically are a bigger club, and havea better team.

Mark

Established Member
I was actually recently thinking Gilardino would be a good target. I didn't realise he was in such high demand though. I doubt we can compete with Milan if they really want him.

KingReyes

Established Member
shaz said:

The main reason would be because Italian players aren't too fond to moving abroad. Since Milan can offer him that and are a massive club and it would hard for him to move elsewhere especially abroad.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
exactly. recent forays outside italy for italian players havent been too good. look at massimo macarone. obviously very talented but didnt work at boro. i would understand the reluctance of young italian players to move abroad.

He is young. He has a great talent... I think AC Milan will grab him... Parma and Milan managing directors are friends! :cry: So - we have not got any chances... :roll:

timmyg

A quote from my Parma fan mate:

'He's ace, and seems to be certain to leave Parma at the end of the season. I don't see why Arsenal couldn't fight for him with the likes of Milan, but the word on the street is that he'll either go to Milan or Juve.'

'He's a very, very good footballer, but would still have to fight for a place in the Milan team. Juve would probably offer him the starting berth alongside Zlatan, making Del Piero surplus...'

He then went on about how Parma were being bummed by their relience on Parmalat for money and would have to sell off all there team AGAIN to try and stay competetive, though I haven't seen too many Arsenal-worthy performances from many of their so-called stars. Good luck to them, mind.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
gunnertilldeath said:
exactly. recent forays outside italy for italian players havent been too good. look at massimo macarone. obviously very talented but didnt work at boro. i would understand the reluctance of young italian players to move abroad.

Exactly. Also worth noting is that most Italians who harbour hopes of breaking into the national team rarely venture outside their homeland, as they get somewhat lost in the international wilderness, like Cudicini and Zola did. I think Gilardino will most certainly look at other Italian clubs before considering moving abroad.

DB10

maybe we'll send lupoli over to talk to him and convince him to come. They were teammates after all...... :) :) :)

wer

Well i heard he (wants to) almost move to Roma last season and if Cassano move to Juve and Roma would try to get him. Therefore we have AC Milan and Roma ahead of us therefore i dont think we have a good chance to sign him.

teitzo

Well if he wants to play good football and not play second fiddle to cresop (if he stays on loan) and shev than theres a good chance he wouldn't want to go to AC. but maybe thats wishful thinking.

black187

Gilla is 90% allready in Milan. They have focused on him at the middle of the season, there were even roumors that, they will pay what it takes to get him, and the player himself said, he wouldn't mind to go to Milan

Clarkey

Could Lupoli play a role in getting the guy over maybe. I can see Fabregas being an inspriration for the Spanish Youngsters, young and old. Maybe Lupoli could work to a similar effect on the Italian market.

Sandip aka Del Piero

I think the race for Gilardino is still open. Milan will not deffo sign him straight away and Juventus will put up a fight for him. Juve will never buy Cassano as they don't want that attitude (look at Miccoli).

I agree with the guy at the top of the page asking for Bonera or even Bresciano. Both players are class and I'd take any of them 3 over that crap 'keeper that is Frey. Let the **** Utd. have him.

invisibleman18

Established Member
can anyone give a bit of info about this guy, obviously i do not follow italian football, i have just asked for a bit of info about this bojinov guy aswell on another thread.

Top Bottom