• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alberto Gilardino

yonatan

He plays for Parma and the Italian national team and has quite a few goals this season even though Parma are in the relegation zone. He's 22 so I can't really see Lupoli who's 17 inspiring him although Lupoli played for Parma as well.

Clarkey

I know hes 22, but its the fact a younger Italian has come over and settled just like a young Spanaird has. And the Parma link.

Soler

Established Member
asajoseph said:
dont wanna sound like a prick, but why cant we compete with milan? because they are a bigger team than us? or cos of money wise?

Because they probably have more money, are historically are a bigger club, and havea better team.

And are an Italian club, and said by KingReyes Italians prefer to stay in Italy than go elsewhere. He will go to Milan, I would bet on it.

asajoseph

Established Member
Yup, that too. As much as I'd love this to happen, I really can't see it.

But you never know, I guess, Wenger has surprised us before...

Soler

Established Member
I doubt it. Italians are notoriously self-obsorbed when it comes to football matters - I think some of them would rather pay 10m for an Italian player rather than 6m for a Spaniard because the Italian wouldn't have to "adjust to Serie A", and so on. They also prefer to just stay in Italy and be with what they know.

The keeper from Lazio last season, his name escapes me, has played for Inter, Juventus, Lazio and so on ... you get the idea.

awesomarsenal

well if he ever comes to arsenal he would be great. but just have to note that the more successful footballing countries have most of their stars plying their trade abroad(brazil, argentina, france ,holland) and the usually dissapointing ones(italy,england,spain) have most of their stars in their own leagues.

JazzG

Established Member
Doubt there is much chance of him coming here as like it has already been stated the top Italian players rarely leave Italy. Has a very impressive record though and with Parma in the relegation zone and if they go down he will be up for grabs but I can't see us going for him. He seems quite some player though so can see a lot of clubs going for him.

AFCG7

Established Member
He would be a great signing but i cant see him leaving Italy..Wenger would have to pull out all the stops and be extremely convincing to get him here.

Chips&CurrySauce

Italian players in the past didn't leave Italy because Serra A was a very rich league, compared to the premiership.. I think the premiership has more money now and there will be a trend where more Italinas and Spaniards will come to the prem... Most of seria a sides have serious financial problems.. Only Milan, Inter and Juve seem to be stable... In the past teams like Lazio, Roma, Parma were all big spenders, but now they are financially crippled...

Of course if a team like Milan or Juventus came in for a player he would most likely stay in Italy but there will be plenty of players who will move due to the economic shift in power to the premiership...

JazzG

Established Member
Scored 4 of Parma's 6 goals today so that is yet another 20+goal season for Gilardino, his third goal was pure class, flicked up turned and smacked the volley in with his left foot. He has taken Parma out of the relegation zone, very impressive for someone so young and to do it with a poor side is even more impressive. Going to be one hell of a war to sign him this summer.

I'd love to think we are in a position to sign someone like him but I doubt there is any chance. Heard he might end up at Chelsea which would really be terrible! Not many players that I would really want us to sign but he is definitely one of them but I know there is no chance of it happening.

JazzG

Established Member
Juve have entered the race to sign him and supposedly R.Madrid have put in a mega offer (£22mill) + Portillo to sign him. Safe to assume with so many clubs after him we won't be going for him...

JazzG

Established Member
He has said in three weeks he will know where he will be going, so save your naked runs and creaming of yourselves until then ;)

Top Bottom