• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alberto Zapater

KingReyes

Established Member
Don't know much about him myself, anyone here know more about him?

<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=236043&cpid=23&CLID=3&lid=&title=GUNNERS+FOLLOW+ZARAGOZA+STARLET" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... ZA+STARLET</a>

patrick42uk

Established Member
seems like we are getting linked to everything spanish under-19. the more these links come up, the more certain i get we wont be signing any of them.

Soler

Established Member
So, Kristian, you knew that before I posted that, right? Since Skysports mentioned that that Zapater plays as a distribution orientated midfield playmaker, right?

Drop the freaking attitude while you're at it.

A

Anonymous

Don't swear at other users, I've edited your posts before as well for doing that.

JazzG

Well then he shouldn't be editing my post for his benifit then. K?

kevin_kyle

hmm dont know much about him as well
2 million pounds...
how are we in the transfer money stakes anyway?
a lot is going to the new stadium at the moment

A

Anonymous

kevin_kyle said:
hmm dont know much about him as well
2 million pounds...
how are we in the transfer money stakes anyway?
a lot is going to the new stadium at the moment

For your information, we're f*cking loaded.

belgianfan

Good player,very talented but why do we need him.

We have bert for that role and diaby and denilson as backup;

Maybe this will happen if bert leaves because I don't see zapater settling for a role on the bench.

dos1986

Established Member
belgianfan said:
Good player,very talented but why do we need him.

We have bert for that role and diaby and denilson as backup;

Maybe this will happen if bert leaves because I don't see zapater settling for a role on the bench.

Agree good player,very strong,with great stamina,wouldnt suprise me if Liverpool or Man U expressed an interest in him,but I dont think he is needed here...

For a second I thought it was Zapata we were linked not Zapater,now Zapata would be a great signing :p

M+D

Established Member
We were linked with him here (in feburary): http://www.elperiodicodearagon.com/noti ... kid=302188

It basically says that Wenger is considering making a move for Gabi Milito, but holds Zapater in an even higher regard, and also that the £30 million price tag puts Wenger off Milito.
It says that the price would be £10 million, but it would be hard to tempt him to the EPL. Wenger wants him to form a midfield partnership with Fabregas to lead Arsenal into the future.
Arsenal have sent Steve Rowley in pursuit of Zapater, and has had him watched in the last 6 matches that he has played in (this is in febuary remember). It says that the scouting feedback has been superb, and that he combines his physical power, tactical discipline and the capacity to play with the likes of Fabregas, Gilberto or Ljungberg.
It then says that his contract, which runs to 2010, is not nearly as good as the pay that Aimar, Gaby Milito, Ewerthon are on. But even with the lure of a better contract and the chance to play in the EPL, it will not be simple to lure him to Arsenal.
I think it then says that although Zapater's buy-out clause is £10m, it is only applicable to Spanish clubs, so we may have to pay more.

athreya74

It basically says that Wenger is considering making a move for Gabi Milito, but holds Zapater in an even higher regard, and also that the £30 million price tag puts Wenger off Milito.

I remember reading that during the France-Argentina friendly (last year), Wenger was effusive in his praise for Milito, going so far as to say that he would love to have him in his team. It was in the Guardian I think.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
which milito? gabi is the striker or the defender?

i thought the defender got knee problems so RM didnt sign him?

M+D

Established Member
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger is eyeing Real Zaragoza midfielder Alberto Zapater.
The News of the World says Wenger is ready to splash out £7 million for the Spanish youngster.

Zapater only signed a new bumper deal with Zaragoza at the start of this season, but remains on the radar of bigger clubs and Arsenal can expect competition from Barcelona should he become available.

The deal is worth a cool £600,000-a-year and carries a buyout clause of £7 million.

Tribalfootball article of the News of the World article......
Neither exactly reliable sources :roll:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom