• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alberto Zapater

ohboy!!!

Great post Gstew.

gstew said:
Navas -- Too small for Premiership. Has Arsenal skill, but does not seem to have the toughness required to excel in England. I would have stated this regardless of the Reyes experience.

quote]

Navas would be the biggest waste of money ever. The boy is talented, but mentally he would not do it. They were saying yesterday, that the reason Navas has not played for the Spanish U-21's is because of his famous panics attacks. Not just when he leaves Spain, but when he leaves Seville!!

And his dad still drives him to b]every[/b] Sevilla game! He could be worse than Reyes, and that is saying something.

On your point about Kerzhakov, he is a very good player, but there is no chance he leaves. He joined the club in the winter transfer window for around €3million. Apparently we were interested sometime ago, but we went elsewhere (Ade).

gstew

ohboy!!! said:
Great post Gstew.

gstew said:
Navas -- Too small for Premiership. Has Arsenal skill, but does not seem to have the toughness required to excel in England. I would have stated this regardless of the Reyes experience.

quote]

Navas would be the biggest waste of money ever. The boy is talented, but mentally he would not do it. They were saying yesterday, that the reason Navas has not played for the Spanish U-21's is because of his famous panics attacks. Not just when he leaves Spain, but when he leaves Seville!!

And his dad still drives him to b]every[/b] Sevilla game! He could be worse than Reyes, and that is saying something.

On your point about Kerzhakov, he is a very good player, but there is no chance he leaves. He joined the club in the winter transfer window for around €3million. Apparently we were interested sometime ago, but we went elsewhere (Ade).
Are you saying no chance because he was just recently purchased? Considering that Fabiano and Kanoute are first choice, maybe 5m pounds (over 100% profit in 6 months) would turn Sevilla's head. Of course Torres is a far more complete player, but I truly believe that Kerzhakov is a better finisher. Therefore, I would much rather have Kerzhakov for 5m than Torres for 15m (which we couldn't get him for anyway). If only Sevilla would consider taking Reyes back. We could swap him and a little money for Kerzhakov and Adriano. Sevilla owes us for overpaying for Reyes and for driving up Baptista's price with Madrid. :lol:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
adriano would do well at arsenal, but he does not have enough skill to really challenge rosicky and hleb for first team place. a team player, not a wonderstar.

kerzakov is impressive. true enough his scoring records says it all.

oh and zapater looks like a wonderkid judging from comments here. haven seen him yet

Grampus_Eight

Watched the first half of the match and extended highlights of the second half (had to fast forward on the tivo a bit).

Zapater was pretty solid, but very unspectacular. I will post in more depth later, but I don't think he has the mobility, range or quickness to make an impact here.

That's not to say he isn't fast once he gets going - but rather like Song he plays the game at a stroll and isn't a dynamic force on the pitch.

Very strong boy though. Not the tallest player, but huge frame.

I hope to get another chance to watch him - but if I had to go by the Sevilla performance, I would say no thanks.

Grampus_Eight

I never got around to writing a longer summary, but for me, he seems very ill suited to the pace of the english game at the top level.

Top Bottom