• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alejandro Grimaldo

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Where’s @drippin to post some weirdo stats about Grimaldo being the best LB in Europe?
a @drippin x 'inverted' search returns two pages :eek:

inverted.png

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Still not buying this one. Why would you go back to them for their starting left back a year after signing his backup? Mind you knowing what we're like it's quite believable.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The stuff we've done with goalies and right backs makes me a bit fearful. You just keep thinking, "surely not again..."

I edge more towards this one being crap tbf. If you have any interest in him you buy him a year ago.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

We should be really looking at a starting left back, you can't trust Tierney to stay fit, it's already cost us multiple times.

Be like banking your whole season on Wilshere to not get injured.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We should be really looking at a starting left back, you can't trust Tierney to stay fit, it's already cost us multiple times.

Be like banking your whole season on Wilshere to not get injured.
Wash your mouth out.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I edge more towards this one being crap tbf. If you have any interest in him you buy him a year ago.

Probably would’ve cost €20m+ last summer so from that point of view I don’t think we’d have bought him. Last summer it was looking for a cheap backup to Tierney. The reason I find it hard to believe is they’re looking to spend €50m on someone who they probably see as a starter but if they don’t get him they’ll sign this guy to be a backup. Just seems a strange change of direction.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Wash your mouth out.

Kieran was Jack's bestie, when Wilshere was David Brent-ing around the training ground for those few months last season.

Both will love my comparison.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Probably would’ve cost €20m+ last summer so from that point of view I don’t think we’d have bought him. Last summer it was looking for a cheap backup to Tierney. The reason I find it hard to believe is they’re looking to spend €50m on someone who they probably see as a starter but if they do t get him they’ll sign this guy to be a backup. Just seems a strange change of direction.

Yeah a very different profile of a left back to what Martinez would be. I lean more towards Martinez being used as a CB if we'd got him tbh.

I guess it's kind of like the earlier links to the likes of Vlahovic, however truthful they where I don't know, and then end up with a different type in Jesus. It's all just speculation until we see it on the pitch anyway.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Arteta and Edu are not intelligent enough to have a clear and cohesive plan. Thats old news.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Probably would’ve cost €20m+ last summer so from that point of view I don’t think we’d have bought him. Last summer it was looking for a cheap backup to Tierney. The reason I find it hard to believe is they’re looking to spend €50m on someone who they probably see as a starter but if they don’t get him they’ll sign this guy to be a backup. Just seems a strange change of direction.
Don’t know why you keep saying this, if you can’t get Lisandro then you’re plans change. He’s not going to be a backup either, he’s probably playing more than Tierney I’ll guess.

TinFish

Arteta still has faith in Tavares next season.

However its important to have a backup plan before the Emirates go into riot mode.

1) Tierney gets inured 20th minute

2) Sub on Tavares
- Tavares puts in a dreadful performance and predictably gets ripped to shreds

3) Sub on Grimaldo for Tavares for the remaining 10 minutes after we concede.

Makes perfect sense to effectively utilise the 5 subs rule for next season.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Arteta still has faith in Tavares next season.

However its important to have a backup plan before the Emirates go into riot mode.

1) Tierney gets inured 20th minute

2) Sub on Tavares
- Tavares puts in a dreadful performance and predictably gets ripped to shreds

3) Sub on Grimaldo for Tavares for the remaining 10 minutes after we concede.

Makes perfect sense to effectively utilise the 5 subs rule for next season.

Premier League Football GIF by BT Sport

lomekian

Essays are my thing
A year ago his contract wasn't running down and he hadn't fallen out with the club's hierarchy. He would have cost £25-30m.

For me Tavares has the higher ceiling, but positionally and concentration wise is too scattergun to feel safe. Grimaldo is slower, smaller, less powerful, technically better, positionally smarter, and far more controlled player, while still being a decent athlete.

All comes down to what the club want. The price for the player is an absolute bargain, but fit is a big question mark

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A year ago his contract wasn't running down and he hadn't fallen out with the club's hierarchy. He would have cost £25-30m.

For me Tavares has the higher ceiling, but positionally and concentration wise is too scattergun to feel safe. Grimaldo is slower, smaller, less powerful, technically better, positionally smarter, and far more controlled player, while still being a decent athlete.

All comes down to what the club want. The price for the player is an absolute bargain, but fit is a big question mark

So another cheap punt then? Just what we need.

Top Bottom