• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aleksandr Golovin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
they say we haven't made offer yet but we could make one soon. also if we really interested Di Marzio will say something because Juve already made offer and got rejected.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
They’d both be playing in the same position. Xhaka and Torreira plus are more advanced midfielder. That would be Ramsey or Golovin/Banega (although Banega can play deeper).

We still need good depth. Ramsey is still relatively injury prone during a season and if you think about it knowing your best mid has those issues you'd actively want to sign a solid backup.

I also don't see Rambo staying here forever, he'll want to move at some point. Might be worth getting Golovin in now if we want him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
They’d both be playing in the same position. Xhaka and Torreira plus are more advanced midfielder. That would be Ramsey or Golovin/Banega (although Banega can play deeper).
But without another mid we're still short. 2 in 2 out is perfect. Look at city's squad. Quality replacements in every position. While we haven;t the money to do that this is the next best thing. See nothing wrong with this.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Honestly feel the same. Even though I have only seen him a few times it feels like he is a big fish in a minute pond but would be a medium fish in any bigger pond.

His game is lacking in certain areas right this moment.. it is clear to see even in his WC performances. Genuinely surprised Juve are in for him and don't expect us to follow suit.

He does have a good base of talents though, but his timing, vision and decision making - particularly in the final third - seem below a top tier player. Hits an absolutely lethal free kick though I will give him that.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
His game is lacking in certain areas right this moment.. it is clear to see even in his WC performances. Genuinely surprised Juve are in for him and don't expect us to follow suit.

He does have a good base of talents though, but his timing, vision and decision making - particularly in the final third - seem below a top tier player. Hits an absolutely lethal free kick though I will give him that.

My feeling has been that because of his good World Cup performance in front of the home crowd (against inferior competition) and the resulting publicity, somebody will end up overpaying for him. Good player, but probably not one for a big club. At least not now. West Ham should be in on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom