• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aleksandr Golovin

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeNwT

After spending Friday night in alone I knew I recognised his name from somewhere lol. This one wreaks of couch console scouting to me as I've come across his name several times on PES. He ticks the mandatory journalists boxes for Arsenal. Unknown ✅ ambidextrous ✅ young ✅ inexpensive ✅

Like the geek that I am I researched him a few weeks ago. To me he's a very cerebral player. Not physically gifted enough to invest tens of millions on as a young developing winger but as a central midfielder his physical ability will be adequate. He's always attacking which is a useful trait and quite composed in front of goal. I'd of expected this signing for a mid table club who could afford to take a chance on him.

Golovin honestly reminds me of a less technically gifted Hleb when he occupies the wing. The ball seems glued to his feet and he uses little flicks, turns and dinks to outwit his opponents.

As a central midfielder he's very similar to Ramsey but could play on either wing (as Wenger once tried to do with Ramsey, although Golovin prefers the left so he can cut in). He's decent in a lot of areas from dribbling to passing and shooting. The type of player that is well rounded going forward but shouldn't be relied upon to help defend.

The reason why he's not a standout for me is that there's a lot of question marks, from relative success in a weaker league, to his physical stature to the fact we still have Wilshere. I also can't help think how many European youngsters who were touted as stand out prospects in weaker European leagues, that haven't come to fruition or become average players in recent years. Such as Schar, Dzagoev, Dragovic & Sommer the list goes on.

If he joins I'll support him but even Rabbiot or giving Ainsley Maitland Niles a run in the team would be further up my list of priorities for a new central midfielder. It's tough to say whether this happens or not. It could but it also could be lazy journalism in the wake of Mbappe not signing.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I've not seen much of him, I just know he has an almost fantastic name.

Hopefully he plays nothing like Herrera. Herrera is bang average, Spanish Mark Noble.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Anyone pointed out that sports.ru is basically a community site and not actual journalists?

Edit: one of our scouts seems to have rubbished it

Last edited:

Sign him up.

We need more players from the eastern part of the Europe/world. We have been signing few of them lately, with strong mentality! Cech, Seo, Xhaka and Özil. Mooaaar!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Anyone pointed out that sports.ru is basically a community site and not actual journalists?

Thanks for posting this. I was just about to. We had been discussing the ridiculous nature of the English football media in another thread this morning and I used this as an example. Somebody wrote this rumor on a Russian fan blog. A little while later, it was on some English blogs. Then it was picked up by the Daily Star and Calciomercato. At that point I predicted it would start working its way around the English football media as the day went on and next thing I knew it was a full-blown article in The Mirror and reported on the Sky Sports Transfer Centre (which credited both the Russian community blog -- which I suspect few who rewrote this understood was just a community blog -- and The Mirror, the latter which would have seemed to the casual reader to give it more credence). None of them bothered to actually try to check it out and develop their own sources on this.

This is why you should take Hector Bellerin's advice and not believe everything you read. When you do read an article or a blog, pay attention to where the information comes from (if they even bother to cite a source at all). If they cite a source close to a player or a club, there may be something to it. And still maybe not because it might just be strategic disinformation by an agent wanting to get a better deal for his client (and a bigger cut for himself).

AVENTUS

So Wenger said Arsenal will sign 3 players only this summer of "high" quality.

So far we've signed a free LB, and will probably end up signing this £10mil Russian.

Not impressed with this so far

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

So far we've signed a free LB, and will probably end up signing this £10mil Russian.

You make that LB sound like an average signing.

Just because it doesn't cost an upward of 50mil, doesn't mean we shouldn't be excited. We are among the few teams who have actually completed signings... Patience

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Dude, Sead is an amazing free coup. What are you on about? We've been crying for a LB for a few seasons now knowing that Nacho is our only real player there.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
So far we've signed a free LB

Signing one of the Top 5 Bundesliga LBs, a league who actually has a high density of good players in that position, on a free, is a top signing. There was reported interest from other big clubs, wich we beat out. Would've commanded a fee of 15 to 25m, if not out of contract.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

I can see not more than media 'ting tong'

Locked for now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't mind it. Make sense loaning him back to his team because he want to start with his national team in the world cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom