• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aleksandr Kokorin

Taxi Driver

Chamakh isn't good enough to tie his shoelaces, much less be worthy of a comparison. Besides, the 2 are as different as night and day style-wise. Kokorin doesn't play primarily with his back to the goal and is nowhere as limited as Chamakh either.

Not comparing their play-styles, but the circumstances of the transfer. A cheap, opportunistic option.

Sure, he could potentially explode, but he hasn't even set the Russian league alight, has he? Lewa, PEA and Suarez all had excellent seasons before their transfers to big clubs so the signs were there.

Last season he had 11 goals in 40 games. Now he has 6 in 12, which is decent, I agree - but is it really that impressive considering the standard of the league? And yes, I know, statistics aren't everything, but if we're buying a striker surely we expect someone who's proven he can score in a weaker league.

Malky

Established Member
Instead of looking at his goals per game ratio, whats his conversion rate like? Since he's playing as striker his problem could be lack of service, he cant be expected to create goals out of thin air. Going by the way @RUS arsenal describes him, he could be an interesting option at CF and for the price being quoted - seems low risk.

Bananacoffee

Instead of looking at his goals per game ratio, whats his conversion rate like? Since he's playing as striker his problem could be lack of service, he cant be expected to create goals out of thin air. Going by the way @RUS arsenal describes him, he could be an interesting option at CF and for the price being quoted - seems low risk.

Aye, the only risk here seems to be Wenger's squad policy.
With Kokorin coming in and nobody leaving, surely there wouldn't be room for another striker in Wenger's transfer plan.

Taxi Driver

Aye, we don't need another stop-gap solution at the striker position. Either get a special talent (or at least someone who's shown great potential) or not get anyone at all.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Last season he had 11 goals in 40 games. Now he has 6 in 12, which is decent, I agree - but is it really that impressive considering the standard of the league?

Allot of those games were playing coming off the bench. Last season he had a goal or assist every 163 minutes, which is good, not great.

If we do buy him I'd guess it'd be because we see potential in him.

Sykes

If he isn't better than Giroud, than no thanks. Would rather buy a goal scoring wide player like Griezmann instead. I found it odd he was also linked to manure during the summer. We certainly need a GUARANTEED 20-25 goal a season striker. A lethal finisher.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If he isn't better than Giroud, than no thanks. Would rather buy a goal scoring wide player like Griezmann instead. I found it odd he was also linked to manure during the summer. We certainly need a GUARANTEED 20-25 goal a season striker. A lethal finisher.
Like who and how much? Are they attainable?

Malky

Established Member
Aye, the only risk here seems to be Wenger's squad policy.
With Kokorin coming in and nobody leaving, surely there wouldn't be room for another striker in Wenger's transfer plan.
I agree mate, but being realistic; what chance have we got for this "top quality" striker in the summer? Wenger failed last summer to sign the one we needed and this summer could face competition from United, Chelsea, Real and possibly PSG, all of which Wenger wont enter a bidding war against.
If by some miracle we find that CF then we could just ditch Welbeck or would Giroud be happy being a bench option since he could also have Walcott in-front of him as the "Plan B" striker?

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Good player. I like every player who has the football brain and the technical skills to play futsal.

Nevertheless I wouldn't sign him. Not convinced he'ld settle.

Marmaduke

Don't know what to think honestly about Kokorin. For 6 million its worth a gamble for sure but we already have so many average to developing options at CF.... Would have much preferred him for the price than Wele.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Based on what I'm reading in the Russian press, this transfer is now very unlikely...:(

He'll probably go to Zenit either in January or perhaps in the summer as a free agent.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Now I'm reading reports in the Russian press that, according to sources at the Dynamo Moscow club, they have talked with Arsenal regarding a possible transfer, however, they couldn't agree on a price. Dynamo wants at least 8-12M Euro for him and Arsenal are not willing to pay that much.

I see classic Wenger MO all over this. He sees a club in financial trouble and wants to get a good prospect at a basement price. If Dynamo gives in before the window closes then we get him, if not then no deal.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
To be fair, Arshavin did "run" from about 2007 to 2009 when his fitness was at the levels it should've always been. After the 2008 Euros he stopped working on his fitness and as a result didn't "run" anymore.. :lol:

As for Kokorin, I'm not too sure. I've only watched him play for the national team and since he plays CF, it is hard to gauge his work ethic...

BobP

Memri Fan
We've apparently agreed a fee but will only pursue it if our striking options become acute once more.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We've apparently agreed a fee but will only pursue it if our striking options become acute once more.
you mean if it gets acute within the next 2-3 weeks. I guess he's waiting to see what happens with Welbeck?

Top Bottom