• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aleksandr Kokorin

Lamictal

For once I feel that I could shed some light on the topic, if anyone is interested in the long read:

1) Situation - Kokorin is currently in his last 6 months of the contract with Dynamo Moscow; he has one of the most luxurious deals in Russia amounting to approximately 5mln dollars; due to complex financial situation in general (especially with the currency depreciation) and coupled with extremely difficult circumstances at the club, his stay can't really be prolonged and Dynamo are craving for at least something, primarily because of financial burden he's been for the last year or so. Other clubs in Russia are willing to take him, but on their terms, so the whole media talk could be just another poker game

2) Player - one of the reasons why it should not be dismissed right away is the fact that Kokorin is one of the most talented players in Russia in the last couple of years. Forget your observations on youtube, you all know deep down that its a pointless landmark; he has good speed, good technical ability, is able to play both through the middle and on the wing, however his finishing and overall contribution largely depend on his emotional state. If he is on fire, he could at least have a shot in England, lower probability - at Arsenal. 24 is young in Russia due to different promotion systems and overall football culture. He might have a wonderful career ahead of him regardless of his next move. But...

3) Mentality - thats the reason why it probably won't happen. He is one of the guys that apparently had his head turned by the amount of money he has. He can't be described as professional based on reports in the media (but who believes them, right?), a lot of his traits show infantile behavior. He was considered to be a first star footballer of the newly established media agency that specialized in creation of a positive image of sports personalities. The moment the executive wanted to give him a call and show a sophisticated strategy, this idiot himself posted a pic with hookers in a sauna. Obviously, the whole idea was dropped. Another level of publicity and pressure in EPL when compared to RFPL, would simply blow his mind. People can suprise you sometimes, but I would give it 5%. Thats why half of russians laugh at these rumours, half ignores it completely.

4) Where it gets legs - he seems to be stuck in between the choice of a comfort zone contract with Zenit or Spartak Moscow (with a pay cut, though, "nothing hurts more than humiliation and a little money loss" - if he does this move, he will get both). Therefore, media outlets have been publishing rumours of his move to Arsenal for quite a while now, but this month one of the most famous insiders in Russian football (who rarely gets in wrong, tbh) announced that there is a high chance he will move to ENGLAND to give it a try (and probably defy the critics in the process). Due to previous rumours, many read it as if Arsenal is the only destination in EPL. The amount of clicks you can rely on with this kind of news is tempting, you all know...

Bottom line, if this happens, it means that the agent and the player have convinced the management of Arsenal that he will work his socks off and won't demand a big salary. If Arsène sees the potential there, who knows? But I would be really suprised simply because Arsène is not a mother figure.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

3) Mentality - thats the reason why it probably won't happen. He is one of the guys that apparently had his head turned by the amount of money he has. He can't be described as professional based on reports in the media (but who believes them, right?), a lot of his traits show infantile behavior. He was considered to be a first star footballer of the newly established media agency that specialized in creation of a positive image of sports personalities. The moment the executive wanted to give him a call and show a sophisticated strategy, this idiot himself posted a pic with hookers in a sauna. Obviously, the whole idea was dropped.

:lol: :lol:

What a guy

RUS arsenal

Established Member
He had a lot of hype going into the World Cup so I watched him pretty carefully and was overwhelmingly disappointed. Haven't seen any of him since.

Based on the little I have seen.. he'd be better suited to the other end of the Premier League table.
Whole team stopped playing for the then coach Capello, however, it is true that Kokorin so far has failed to live up to his potential from 1.5 years back. If he can find the commitment to work his socks off to improve then there is a chance that Wenger would be interested so I don't really see this transfer happening this January.

Kokorin recently also said in social media that he is about to "change climates" and along with the information from the reliable insider it seems he is going to England, but probably not to Arsenal.

Marmaduke

Kokorin recently also said in social media that he is about to "change climates" and along with the information from the reliable insider it seems he is going to England, but probably not to Arsenal.

To be honest I think he would be a great fit for a team like Sunderland or Wigan. Seems to be his level at the moment and if he does work his socks off he can always move to a better team.

Latest posts

Top Bottom