• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alessio Romagnoli

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I saw this but wasn't sure of the reliability

We've been most linked with numerous CBs and LBs with Howedes saying he turned down a move here.

So a new CB with Chambers is being moved to DM unless Mertesacker or Kosceilny are off.

LordGooner

Don't think he will come this season and if he does I can see him going out on loan. He needs first team football and with Mertesacker, Gabriel, Chambers and Koscienlny, That position looks sorted for next season unless we lose anyone.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I doubt this but it's time we get a new transfer rumour with a link instead of bumping the old ones in desperation.

I don't see this happening, especially not with the quoted price, but it is possible Wenger is preparing for the life after Kos-Mert partnership. After all, it was really a pain for awhile to find replacements for our old CBs so perhaps the new tactic is to buy promising young CBs and nurture them in the shadow of our current pairing.

Atticus

I dont see why we would be in for a young CB when we have chambers.

a signing like Howedes would have made sense, versatile, and coming into his prime, good Per replacment. I actually believe Howedes when he said he rejected us to stay at Schalke. I could totally see Wenger buying him and using him as left back/cb/CDM , but the Euro got in the way of that

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I dont see why we would be in for a young CB when we have chambers.

a signing like Howedes would have made sense, versatile, and coming into his prime, good Per replacment. I actually believe Howedes when he said he rejected us to stay at Schalke. I could totally see Wenger buying him and using him as left back/cb/CDM , but the Euro got in the way of that

I think Chambers is being moved to DM. We've been linked to quite a few CBs now and the links seem stronger than the DM links.

GDeep™

League is very weak
With Howedes you could argue he was seen as a versatility option. After him, there haven't been any links to CB's - this rumour is debatable, not the best sources, while the Rugani rumour turned out to be false.

Now to Chambers, he's playing CB in pre season, you would think he would get a game at DM if Wenger had those plans for him, I just don't see it with Coq starting and Wenger saying Arteta will play more than last season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Still the Emirates to see if Chambers will be moved, remember we don't see what's happening in training

May also be the case that after closer inspection Wenger isn't feeling Gabriel the way he thought he would.

Maybe also I'm talking ****e.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Quotes on Gabriel last week, Wenger hypes him up when he speaks about him.

I think Gabriel most likely dumps Per, I'm sure there was a period where this happened last season.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
With Howedes you could argue he was seen as a versatility option. After him, there haven't been any links to CB's - this rumour is debatable, not the best sources, while the Rugani rumour turned out to be false.

Now to Chambers, he's playing CB in pre season, you would think he would get a game at DM if Wenger had those plans for him, I just don't see it with Coq starting and Wenger saying Arteta will play more than last season.

But his best position is CB followed by LB, which means we're looking at the defense rather than a defensive midfielder for whatever reason.

I don't believe we were really in for Vidal, Schneiderlin maybe but I'm not totally convinced we were.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
But his best position is CB followed by LB, which means we're looking at the defense rather than a defensive midfielder for whatever reason.

I don't believe we were really in for Vidal, Schneiderlin maybe but I'm not totally convinced we were.
We were interested in Vidal, nowhere near as closed deal as what the media was reporting though. For Schneiderlin, we lost out to United.

If Flamini leave, it might change things.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
We were interested in Vidal, nowhere near as closed deal as what the media was reporting though. For Schneiderlin, we lost out to United.

There was no serious links to Vidal, only speculation.

Thehulk

We was in for neither and the Flamini links were BS

elber

Played against City earlier today and tbh I wasn't impressed. For 24M, the Romans have gotta be having a laugh.

Rugani looks the better prospect, don't see Juve letting him go though.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The CB's are Per, Koz, Gabriel & Chambers. Chambers nah play nowhere but CB imo, otherwise we'd have seen him there by now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom