• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Once again, showing great technique and intelligence - his use of the ball and movement off of it was extremely pleasing to see. Dovetailed really well with Alexis and I have to believe that Iwobi will form a really good relationship with our attackers in time and go on to be a dangerous asset for our squad.

A bit more confidence when shooting would be good aswell, but additionally I really like his quick thinking on counter attacks and his involvement in both goals proved vital. Eventually we will start to see more from him as he gains confidence, but on form I think he should probably see a lot more minutes than he does.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Knew he could do well here from that first glimpse in pre-season.

Next step is to either get some end product or become an excellent possession player (like an iniesta type).

Either is possible, he's got time on his side.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

There's something about his style, that is so kind of different, like he looks like he should be ****, but everything he does is so good and I don't get it.

His use of the ball in the middle of park reminds me of Özil.

His through balls wont be tested in the enviroment he has been playing so far. But hopefully one day we will see what he can do!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
he deserve to start every Fa cup game. i will put him ahead of Rosicky also in team selection. him and Jeff gonna be really future starts if they keep improving.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Knew he could do well here from that first glimpse in pre-season.

Next step is to either get some end product or become an excellent possession player (like an iniesta type).

Either is possible, he's got time on his side.

Yeah, his possession play is useful, reminds me a bit of Rosicky in that regard. I think end product is the next step for him though, he can finish and has the intelligence to lay on goals.

There's something about his style, that is so kind of different, like he looks like he should be ****, but everything he does is so good and I don't get it.

It's because he currently doesn't have a noticeable standout attribute that you can point to and say "he's amazing at that". What he is though is technically proficient, physically capable and very clever. A good base to work from IMO to mold his game.

BBF

It's annoying that he's already been capped by Nigeria. England could use more players with actual technique. Oh well.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's annoying that he's already been capped by Nigeria. England could use more players with actual technique. Oh well.
He chose Nigeria very early on to be fair. And let's be honest - would he really fare well with England? :lol:

It's because he currently doesn't have a noticeable standout attribute that you can point to and say "he's amazing at that". What he is though is technically proficient, physically capable and very clever. A good base to work from IMO to mold his game.

Some people tried to argue something similar about Thomas Müller.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Some people tried to argue something similar about Thomas Müller.
A lot of people still do. He's [Muller] an extremely intelligent player without standing out at anything else in particular.

Iwobi could easily slot into any of the forward positions and even CM - that's very useful IMO. Rosicky has had a similar career at Arsenal so no reason why Iwobi can't do the same.

Still can't cope with your avi ffs. Is that one of the westbrooks sisters?

Just living up to my title :D - yeah, it's Crystal Westbrooks.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Good athlete but he's got a bit of technique and vision to match it, he's impressing so far and I like that he plays a few positions. He has a weird stop-start dribbling style, not a criticism I just think it looks strange.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It was a toss-up between her and Jess Taras

OT - I reckon Iwobi's game will continue to get better. My feeling is that the first thing that begins to stand out other than his passing will be his shooting.
Jess Taras is superb, seems great minds think alike. But yeah, back on topic lool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom