• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip spence

Keep saying it, but I bet he is picking up the ball in training and driving past players, and that’s why he keeps getting picked.

He’s a player.
That's possible, he's quick, strong, and got good close control. His final third decision-making is horrible though. When was the last time he scored? I mean seriously, I can't remember...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

That's possible, he's quick, strong, and got good close control. His final third decision-making is horrible though. When was the last time he scored? I mean seriously, I can't remember...

3 weeks ago I think. If ****ing Iwobi can get serious and Jack stays injury free and AMN keeps his head down , our academy would have produced three extremely decent first team products .

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
3 weeks ago I think. If ****ing Iwobi can get serious and Jack stays injury free and AMN keeps his head down , our academy would have produced three extremely decent first team products .
Add Reiss to that in a couple years and we're actually seeing some real rewards hey!

Problem is, these youngsters with zero experience are one of few things exciting here at the moment.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hasn’t he been here since he was 8/10. Why and how could we allow his shooting technique to be this bad.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Hasn’t he been here since he was 8/10. Why and how could we allow his shooting technique to be this bad.
Arsenal's latest signing is Alex Lowbi - the 7-year-old nephew of Premier League ace Jay-Jay Okocha!

Scouts from Highbury didn't hesitate to put forward his name after seeing him in action for his junior club Rippleway. He bagged an impressive 33 goals last season to help his side win the league and scouts had no idea he was related to the Nigerian and Bolton player Okocha when they started monitoring him.

Alex - who is from Plaistow, East London - will join Arsenal's Junior Soccer Academy when he turns eight in May 2004.

"I would like to be like Jay-Jay," said Alex. "He is a great player."

His mum Patience - sister to Jay-Jay - has confirmed that numerous clubs were tracking him but that his heart is set on playing for the Gunners.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thought his general play was good, but he has no end product. Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist.

When you play in the front three, in this formation, for Arsenal, you have to guarantee that.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He was good, but even on a good day he's terribly incompetent in the final third. Need to instruct him to dribble and play simple passes - don't shoot Alex!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If I had to take a step back and see the bigger picture, I'd say he's suffering from a sort of sophomore slump perhaps; a bit lost or a bit too comfortable. Upward trajectories aren't always direct. These slumps are quite common and they can be recovered from.

What I would say is that if he does have a future at the highest level, I predict it would be as the most advanced player in a midfield 3; dropping deep and connecting the midfield with the attack. Of course I want and expect his attacking output to improve - and I think he's struggling particularly with that right now - but overall his best quality has always been his link-up play.

It could well be that he develops into the unspectacular player that doesn't stand out initially, but who is making the team tick. We'll see. Improvement needed, but also patience from us.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Back to basics for him I think, and back to the left hand side - he was much better there.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Keep saying it, but I bet he is picking up the ball in training and driving past players, and that’s why he keeps getting picked.

He’s a player.

Ability wise yes, game intelligence no.

He's just running into congested areas. The reason team's like Man City play with such tempo is their players stick to one and two touch passing. We'd be better off if Iwobi laid off the ball and drove into space to receive a return passes. When he starts on the right and abandons the wing, it seriously nullifies our attack.

He was better against Chelsea but the ba r is set very low.

pikey2000

Thought his general play was good, but he has no end product. Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist.

When you play in the front three, in this formation, for Arsenal, you have to guarantee that.

Exactly, i've said similar before, if your playing in one of our 3 AM slots you have to deliver end product, end of story.

At this stage i'd say he is better off at CM as he is always open to receive the ball in tight spaces, has good ball control, can transition defence into attack well......but needs to lay it off to an Özil/Sanchez / anyone else to deliver the end product.

That said, if he was at CM we would need a destroyer next to him as he offers very little defensively.

Type of player that should have been benched weeks ago but we lack the quality to take his place so we persist to the detriment of the 1st team and our results.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ability wise yes, game intelligence no.

He's just running into congested areas. The reason team's like Man City play with such tempo is their players stick to one and two touch passing. We'd be better off if Iwobi laid off the ball and drove into space to receive a return passes. When he starts on the right and abandons the wing, it seriously nullifies our attack.

He was better against Chelsea but the ba r is set very low.

This has been the most frustrating aspect of his game for me this season; not the lack of goals or anything, but how he's so often drawn towards the ball which then abandons width and compresses the playing area.

He needs to learn - or someone needs to teach him - that as an attacking player you can be just as effective moving away from the ball into space as you can be on the ball.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This has been the most frustrating aspect of his game for me this season; not the lack of goals or anything, but how he's so often drawn towards the ball which then abandons width and compresses the playing area.

He needs to learn - or someone needs to teach him - that as an attacking player you can be just as effective moving away from the ball into space as you can be on the ball.
Olly Giroud is pretty decent at this actually.

infinium

That isn't going to happen under Wenger. Remember when Ramsey had to play on the wing and he said in an interview something along the lines of Wenger telling him that he is on the wing but actually he can do anything he wants. Wenger just lets his players play. That's his approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom