• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Want to see Alex played in a midfield two with AMN. Both of them have got the tools to form a secure base to our midfield. Preferably in a dead rubber in the EL.

Want to see Alex played in a midfield two with AMN. Both of them have got the tools to form a secure base to our midfield. Preferably in a dead rubber in the EL.

Yeah I mean if his end product doesn't improve massively then Wenger has to move him down in the midfield.

He got some very interesting tools to become a very solid midfielder. That of course given if he improve his defending skills!

borafa

Can someone donate some brain cells because this guy needs them very badly. Zero footballing intelligence, a lot of clueless running around on the pitch, stupidly giving the ball away on almost every occasion. Definitely the weakest link in the attack.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can someone donate some brain cells because this guy needs them very badly. Zero footballing intelligence, a lot of clueless running around on the pitch, stupidly giving the ball away on almost every occasion. Definitely the weakest link in the attack.
you are criticising the things he does well.

“I like him,” Wenger said during his post-match press conference. “He is an intelligent and humble boy. He has developed well.”

borafa

you are criticising the things he does well.

“I like him,” Wenger said during his post-match press conference. “He is an intelligent and humble boy. He has developed well.”
Well, Wenger obviously likes him given the numerous chances Iwobi got, thats no surprise.
But i dont agree with mr. Wenger, i feel Iwobi has nothing but strength and a fair bit of pace, thats it. Mediocre passing, terrible decision making and continously crowding the space on the pitch and making it harder for his team mates.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well, Wenger obviously likes him given the numerous chances Iwobi got, thats no surprise.
But i dont agree with mr. Wenger, i feel Iwobi has nothing but strength and a fair bit of pace, thats it. Mediocre passing, terrible decision making and continously crowding the space on the pitch and making it harder for his team mates.
I can agree that his decision making is bad but that will only come with experience.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Struggling to understand the disproportionate backlash towards Iwobi. Think it's excessive.

I think the backlash is more to do with his off the pitch antics. Although performances are not glaring as well but we whole as a club are under performing.

Also, can't expect Wenger to improve this guy much, if he does it will be over on pitch success.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think the backlash is more to do with his off the pitch antics. Although performances are not glaring as well but we whole as a club are under performing.

Also, can't expect Wenger to improve this guy much, if he does it will be over on pitch success.
He literally went to one party. It’s more than the off pitch antics but I’m not even going to go there.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Ok, I have to say that the " lacks brains/football intelligence" criticism you often see people throw at Iwobi doesn't sit right with me. He's obviously a very intelligent footballer, very good at linking up play and using space. Just feels like the lazy stereotype you see aimed at african footballers.

Ok, I have to say that the " lacks brains/football intelligence" criticism you often see people throw at Iwobi doesn't sit right with me. He's obviously a very intelligent footballer, very good at linking up play and using space. Just feels like the lazy stereotype you see aimed at african footballers.

Basically this. When he broke through by doing the basics he was one of our two smartest players on the field the other being Özil.

Iwobi is currently struggling with taking his game to next level but there is one thing Wenger values above almost everything else in footballer and that is in game intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom