• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

22, his career is only beginning, he's such a talent who's been ridiculously criticised and has been bizarrely been made a scapegoat at times but he's got such a bright future ahead of him. He has pace, athleticism, technical ability, passing, close control, dribbling in tight situations and if he can finish more like he did yesterday he has the world at his feet.

pacstud

22, his career is only beginning, he's such a talent who's been ridiculously criticised and has been bizarrely been made a scapegoat at times but he's got such a bright future ahead of him. He has pace, athleticism, technical ability, passing, close control, dribbling in tight situations and if he can finish more like he did yesterday he has the world at his feet.
I thought he was arguably motm yesterday.

I like that he's an alpha on his national team as well...he'll be used to carrying pressure on the intl stage as well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Small sample size but the majority of fans at the stadium are done with him.

His lack of end product has become a running joke of sorts, comments like “wow they let Iwobi score they really are bad” were common. Made me quite sad.

He hasn’t been great but it’s hard to just come to this level and start producing. That’s what the elite talents do, but not every good player was an elite talent. He should have been allowed to slowly develop here, we placed too much faith in him, gave him too many games at a difficult time for the club.

He can still be a good player for us he legitimately has one of the best first touches in the first team and he can play our technical short passing game. Doesn’t look like he’ll be a particularly potent player but he’s got plenty of time to work on that.

Last edited:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
To be fair, it was right that he was criticized. It was clear that he was under performing as we all know what an on-form Iwobi looks like.
The guy lets the crowd affect his confidence...needs to learn to zone out and just play his game like vs Burnley.

God I hope he has an outstanding World Cup for Nigeria. I have them making it to the Quarter Finals (maybe further).
We can't write him off...we know what's he's capable of. However, he was overplayed when he was under-performing. Wenger should have taken him out of the spotlight earlier before introducing him back.

Iwobi needs to realize not to be starstruck by anyone in the team...he should be gunning for Özil's position. He can get it if he develops an end product. The guy can play the same 2nd pass that Özil does.

marting

Is obviously very talented but the fans have got feed up of his end product. Gets himself into great positions but always bottles shooting to pass the ball sideways. Start getting a few more shots off, be brave and the fans will be back inside. We are fickle.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Said it many times but he can be a better version of Moussa Dembele, so many similar attributes, I'd convert and keep him at CM.

He's better further away from the goal where we have more influential attacking players.

Both him and Dembele cant shoot for **** either!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I an a fan of Iwobi but its only now, for the first time, that I seriously considered him as a CM

coolaa

I think he has the physical size and dribbling skills to play the holding midfield, just like Alex Song. i like Iwobi more than Xhaka for whether DM or CM.

If I have to pick the best 3 midfielders for a 433 ot 4231 in the current squad, it would be

Iwobi AMN and Ramsey, with determination, stamina, pace and size.

Goonerozil33

I think Iwobi can be an excellent midfielder. But he needs to improve on his stamina and passing ability. He has excellent short passing ability which allows you to maintain possession. However, he does not have that pass that opens up a team. It might come with time or not. We just have to wait and see

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Was sloppy in possession again today and lost the ball too many times.

He has had a very bad season with a few bright moments.

Wouldn’t mind if he’s sold but dude should probably go on loan somewhere.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Next season will be make or break for Iwobi here I feel, need him to show what he's capable of.. With Arteta the most likely to be new manager, I think he'll definitely get the chance to prove himself as Arteta was a big fan of him before:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Next season will be make or break for Iwobi here I feel, need him to show what he's capable of.. With Arteta the most likely to be new manager, I think he'll definitely get the chance to prove himself as Arteta was a big fan of him before:

Interesting part about his thoughts on Iwobi playing CM. Can see him settling into that role very nicely over the coming years.

neimad

Reading the last few pages of this thread are pretty funny. He really divides opinion amongst fans. Hopefully, if Arteta comes in he can sprinkle some of that fairy dust he apparently did on Sterling and Sane.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Arteta going for the 433 with Mesut and Iwobi as interiors needed.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He could do really well in CM. I really believe that. Good with both feet difficult to knock off the ball and drive with the ball forward. Technically sound. With the right manager I'm sure he could work on his defensive responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom