• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikey2000

Bashed him in the past but did really well today, has stamina issues but hopefully that would get better with more game time. offfered more than Özil and Mhki today, needs to carry it on but promising

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So strong in possession.

Iwobi--------Douzi
--------Torreira

Needs to move central. The only play we have who is strong enough to receive it under pressure and break lines through driving forward.

pikey2000

So strong in possession.

Iwobi--------Douzi
--------Torreira

Needs to move central. The only play we have who is strong enough to receive it under pressure and break lines through driving forward.

Not a bad shout but who would you start wide? Do not want to see Mhki and Özil wide so would you drop them completely?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Would like to see Emery use him as the advanced midfielder that retreats back into defensive midfield, like he used Banega, and wants to use Ramsey. Iwobi has the strenght, control and passing ability for it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Emery better keep playing Iwobi as LWF its his best position even during wenger era. i like he confidence today in last few months he look lost and without any confidence emery seem Gave him good USB to watch.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
In your trusted opinion can Alex Iwobi build on this stamina issue while retaining his other attributes? Feels like that is a key aspect in him being a more complete player..
I think he might lose a bit of his bulk which might not be bad. He's always been a pretty strong player with good upper body strength. It's a possible but he has to find a balance between training for power and training for endurance. That might take a season or two. I reckon this will improve under Emery, considering he wants these guys doing a lot of sprints.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
So strong in possession.

Iwobi--------Douzi
--------Torreira

Could see that working as a band aid solution even though LW seems his best position. He's not exactly elegant in possession, it sometimes looks quite clunky but the lad can retain the ball as well as anyone in the side and when he gets a bit of confidence he's very effective in and around the box.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I figured he would be good today. Emery needs a player of Iwobi's type, he's the one player of the attacking trident who can consistently stretch play. He did this more than Mhkitaryan, who improved as time went on.

He was picking the right passes today (mostly) and dribbling well under pressure. I enjoyed his game today.

my reaction when I saw his name starting would tell you all about how much I liked it.
been calling for either him or Niles to start on one side (sadly Niles went down) cause with Özil, Micki and Xhaka in we are desperate for some energy, especially on the wing positions in a league where so much is put on attacking thru the wide positions.

Iwobi ain’t a great defender, but he is young, energetic and agile to give us decent cover on one side ofthe pitch and skills on the other.

if he keeps his head down and works hard there’s no reason for him not to try and get that starting spot.
everything is opening up for him and I love it

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Very good performance. I'd rather him centrally though, as he doesn't carry enough goal threat to pay forward.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Thought he was superb yesterday. Really showed the promise we've been waiting on. Hopefully he can sustain it.

nick gould

He is having a good season so far. It’s happening for him in the final third. He had a direct hand in the first 2 goals and that makes it 4 goals so far this season where he was directly involved. He looked dangerous and decisive.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He is having a good season so far. It’s happening for him in the final third. He had a direct hand in the first 2 goals and that makes it 4 goals so far this season where he was directly involved. He looked dangerous and decisive.

Yeah loving his end product so far, he's in good form. Hopefully he'll get a chance to play himself into the first XI.

nick gould

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom