• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Won't happen for a few years but I would love to see him sat next to Torreria in a midfield 2. He seems to read the game really well, is lightening quick, can pick a pass, is skillful and is literally impossible to dispossess or knock off the ball at times.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Won't happen for a few years but I would love to see him sat next to Torreria in a midfield 2. He seems to read the game really well, is lightening quick, can pick a pass, is skillful and is literally impossible to dispossess or knock off the ball at times.
That could happen later in his career when he is more mature and starts to think differently, could be our Yaya Toure if he is trained well.

Wryer

I think Liverpool have pointed the way to how it is possible to compete with City and strike fear into the best in Europe without spending massive on every position.

1 - Great coach

2 - Big money signings when required, Allison, VVD

3 - Under the radar, cheap'ish signings that exceed expectations, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Milner

4 - Top youth prospects live up to their potential and more importantly break through at the right time, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, just those 2 have probably saved them £60-80m or a whole windows budget.

1 - We have Emery, I rate him as highly as Klopp

2 - This could be the sticking point but spending big on Auba and Lacazette means we probably will push the boat out on the right player.

3 - Torreira, Sokratis, Sven should be able to find these type of players.

4 - And why I posted this here, I really hope that one of Iwobi, Guendouzi, Nketiah, Smith-Rowe, AMN and Nelson can become big players for us and currently Iwobi is leading the way and looks to be blooming at just the right time. If 2 of those become £50 m players that goes a long way to negating Stan's meager investment. I think the fans get behind the team more when there are a couple of 'their own' in the side too. I really think this is crucial to us if we are to challenge for the big titles.

I think you need all 4 aspects to be right to build a great side without colossal oil money. For example Sp**s probably have 1, 3, 4 covered and that's why they are very good but not great and have probably hit their ceiling.

+Sell smartly.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

I have been saying this for a while, I'm not sure if playing him wide is getting the best out of him.
I see alot of Yaya Toure in the way he carries the ball, the combination of speed, power (strength) and technique, as you say, make it so difficult to get the ball off him.
The defensive side of his game is actually pretty good, he wins the ball well and he can protect it, the main issue was always that he was too lazy to get back into position.
One thing is he can still be a bit erratic/sloppy with his passing sometimes, obviously in a central area that would have to tighten up a touch.

I'd definitely like to see it at some point though, perhaps we have a better replacement for Ramsey already here (and we can buy a wide player).

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
4 - And why I posted this here, I really hope that one of Iwobi, Guendouzi, Nketiah, Smith-Rowe, AMN and Nelson can become big players for us and currently Iwobi is leading the way and looks to be blooming at just the right time. If 2 of those become £50 m players that goes a long way to negating Stan's meager investment. I think the fans get behind the team more when there are a couple of 'their own' in the side too. I really think this is crucial to us if we are to challenge for the big titles.
I think all of them are on the right track to become great players or at least squad players for Arsenal, except maybe Nketiah who is fallen out of favor.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think all of them are on the right track to become great players or at least squad players for Arsenal, except maybe Nketiah who is fallen out of favor.
I'm not so sure he has fallen out of favor rather than all 3 senior strikers are fit and performing. Nketiah himself has been good for the U23s.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Iwobi is one of the players I thought could only sink or swim under Emery. Many of us, myself certainly included were very critical of him last year but thinking rationally about Emery's more in depth instructional approach believed that if he was willing to learn Iwobi could really benefit. I think he's pretty comfortably the most improved player under Emery. You now have a guy who feels empowered to use his physical and technical qualities to impose himself on the game and through better conditioning and instruction is finding himself in position to do so more often. It's great to watch and Emery and the staff deserve a lot of credit as well as Alex himself working hard.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Big 45! Emery tells him to just keep trying things regardless of if they come off or not and you can see that. He’s playing with confidence now and actually using that dribbling ability that he’s always had.

He needs to twist or plait those dreads together though, they’re too thin, look weird but that’s probably just me. :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Big 45! Emery tells him to just keep trying things regardless of if they come off or not and you can see that. He’s playing with confidence now and actually using that dribbling ability that he’s always had.

He needs to twist or plait those dreads together though, they’re too thin, look weird but that’s probably just me. :lol:

Madness, he's doing weird tricks I never thought he had in his locker and it's great to watch. Personally I'd like to see him scrap the dreads.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Madness, he's doing weird tricks I never thought he had in his locker and it's great to watch. Personally I'd like to see him scrap the dreads.
Yeah ngl they're not really for him, which is weird cos they suit most people. They even suit Elneny ffs.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn’t go as far as a midfield 2, midfield 3 I can see happening though. For me he’d be wasted as a proper cm, his goal should be to be the guy who knits everything together, links midfield to attack, assists and arrives late into the box, but I wouldn’t want him stuck positionally in the middle. You want him floating about.

Similar to ESR, they should be aiming to take over from Özil. Time will tell if they have the quality, but that should be the target.

Reactions: Jae

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
His hair is sick! Some of yous are mad!

Loving his improvement so far this season. He’s skinning defenders on a near weekly basis, we lack 1v1 players so his development has been a very welcomed surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom