• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's play Aubamawang

Iwobi's lack of goal threat is two issues IMO. One being confidence which he's sorted out IMO. The other being his shooting technique, or rather his desired tech.

I've said it loads of times before, but this side-foot business he was trying to pull off all the time wasn't working. If it was accurate, it wasn't powerful enough, otherwise he had no real direction on it. When he went with his laces though, with conviction and power, he troubled the keeper more often than not - a callback to his False 9 run for the U23s. That's how he needs to shoot. Needs to start lenging and rassing the ting basically.
Totally agree with this. Sidefooting without power or accurate placement makes life far too easy on the opposition GK. He could do worse than working on shooting technique with Whackazette!

Godwin1

Very well-known
I'd like to know what instructions Emery gives Iwobi that's different to what Wenger was. He's more dynamic under Emery that's for sure. I'm still not fully sold on him with regards to being a long term prospect leading to becoming a starter but he's a good player to have in the squad.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
On this form, he's a starter for sure. Without doubt he is the most improved player this season. I think confidence is playing a big part, that could be the fact that he's maturing, or the instructions he's getting, or both.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Kept his intensity high and used his considerable technical skill to good effect in taking us forward. Took him a while to get things sharp but about half an hour in, he clicked.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I've put on like 3 stone. Due to all the humble pie this guy has made me consume.

How the hell, has he gone from competition winner to elite winger in such a short space of time?

He's been remarkable. Absolutely incredible.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
My boy...

tenor.gif

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Take all my praises, young lad. You are showing the world what you can do and blimey you are doing it well. So, so impressed with him this season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I always felt he needed confidence.

Perfect example today, makes a f*cking woeful pass second half but within minutes he’s got Chilwell on toast taking him down the line.

Last season his head would’ve dropped and he’d have been hooked. Absolute don.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Brilliant stuff from Alex. He's always been flashy and technical but now his decision making, passing and physical play is catching up as well. Excellent performance all over the pitch. Still needs a bit more end product to his game but even without goals or assists he helps the team due to the fact he creates so much space for others

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Mesmeric performance by Iwobi, he has nailed down a starting position now and I have become excited about his future again (after all these months)

Oh-Zeal

His game revolves around confidence. He looks so good on the ball when his driving. It's honestly looking good since we don't have fresh legs to take on players from wide positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom