• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
First 20 minutes he gave away every ball, then somehow everything clicked into place. From then on he was stellar with some visionary passes.

So hard to knock off the ball, like a tank, even when two or three players are on him.

Confidence in the team is rising and this lad is feeding off it.

Beast Incarnate

The tekkers when he controlled that ball and ran the ball out of our half.

Made a dead crowd erupt with applause. Turning point of the game for us imo. Takes a special kind of player to do that.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
First 20 minutes he gave away every ball, then somehow everything clicked into place. From then on he was stellar with some visionary passes.

So hard to knock off the ball, like a tank, even when two or three players are on him.

He looked like a drunk Gervinho in the first 20 minutes, but it's important that he keeps trying to take chances as later in the game everything he did was really good. It's not a coincidence that our game has improved when he started to play regularly, he gives the team so much balance.

marting

He had a typical performance from a young guy learning his trade. Some magic moments, And some inconsistant momenents. Its clear the lad is very talented, Its clear Emery is unlocking that talent.

Multipass

The nutmeg was class. We have got somewhat lucky with Iwobi’s growth this season. Has helped our wingers situation with him being the closest we have to a natural winger. I think he is going to be particular important for the Liverpool game in a fortnight. His striding out of defence with confidence lifts the team and allows Özil to do what Özil does.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Big part of confidence is allowing for and accepting to fail then trying again. That's what he's allowed to do under Emery.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'd like to know what instructions Emery gives Iwobi that's different to what Wenger was. He's more dynamic under Emery that's for sure. I'm still not fully sold on him with regards to being a long term prospect leading to becoming a starter but he's a good player to have in the squad.
He's told him to just go for it and not be scared of losing the ball. Hearing that from your manager completely releases the shackles.

I've long said that Iwobi's ceiling for us is a squad player which so far seems about right as he's a starter as of now while on top form. Thing is if you play with confidence for an extended period of time you start to truly believe and become that player. I hope he can keep this up but the key is to keep playing.

WilshereGone

Brilliant stuff from Alex. He's always been flashy and technical but now his decision making, passing and physical play is catching up as well. Excellent performance all over the pitch. Still needs a bit more end product to his game but even without goals or assists he helps the team due to the fact he creates so much space for others
It's a shame Laca couldn't finish his cross near the end. Iwobi deserved the assist and Laca deserved the goal for his selfless performance. Iwobi's been effective in an Isco kind of fashion though, I'm sure more end product will come.

Stannis

Just needs to add goals, still pretty tame in that regard

With his ability he should be scoring 10 a season at least

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Alex Iwobi has revealed the change in mentality that has helped him become one of Arsenal’s standout performers under new head coach Unai Emery.

Iwobi, who has been liberated by Emery’s arrival in north London, impressed again as Arsenal secured their 10th consecutive victory with a 3-1 win over Leicester City on Monday night.

“He has just given me confidence to express myself, to believe in my ability which I have been trying to show,” Iwobi said of Emery.

“In training he is always letting me try new things, be positive, be direct and prove it in the game. It is working for me so I just have to keep it going.”

Asked whether he feels like a better player now than he was a year ago, Iwobi said: “I would just say I am more confident. I feel that even if I make a mistake I am able to go again. I think that is the difference between me last year and this year.”

The 22-year-old added that he has been helped by the guiding presence of Mesut Özil, who provided an attacking masterclass in the victory over Leicester.

“I have been training with him since I was 17 and I have seen what he can do,” Iwobi said. “The quality he has is not just in training but as you can see in the match last night, he is a world-class player and he proved that again.

“He gives me advice in a different way. He jokes around but always tells me I can do more. Even last night he was saying I do more - he is always one of those guys.

“But is he always happy, always telling me and giving me the confidence to express myself.”

Özil captained the side from the start for the first time in his Arsenal career and Iwobi added: “It is not just him who is captain. There are lots of leaders from the goalkeeper to even Laca [Alexandre Lacazette], we are a team who just like to help each other so we are always giving information and communicating.

“Mesut will come across as laid back but he is helping everyone in a different way and helps me a lot.”

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Interesting that he mentions he feels he’s able to make a mistake and keep going- it’s one of the more noticeable aspects of his improvement.

In the first ten minutes he had some loose touches and even passed the ball out of play. But he shook it off and just did his thing. The kind of mentality he needs to get to the top.

His close control has always been fantastic but he seems quicker and stronger. Can’t lose his place in the team for now.

progman07

Established Member
Interesting that he mentions he feels he’s able to make a mistake and keep going- it’s one of the more noticeable aspects of his improvement.

In the first ten minutes he had some loose touches and even passed the ball out of play. But he shook it off and just did his thing. The kind of mentality he needs to get to the top.

His close control has always been fantastic but he seems quicker and stronger. Can’t lose his place in the team for now.
It's certainly interesting, I cannot imagine that Wenger did not have enough patience for him.

I guess, it is a simple confidence issue solved, maybe Iwobi knows his role on the pitch better, maybe the new setup suits him more?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's certainly interesting, I cannot imagine that Wenger did not have enough patience for him.

I guess, it is a simple confidence issue solved, maybe Iwobi knows his role on the pitch better, maybe the new setup suits him more?
Logical deduction would be that Wenger prioritised keeping the ball, taking less risks in possession and perhaps ball movement over dribbling.

That would pretty much explain everything Iwobi is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom