• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

I'm still convinced if he's gonna make it for us it'll be in CM. He just isn't a winger it's clearly obvious.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I'm still convinced if he's gonna make it for us it'll be in CM. He just isn't a winger it's clearly obvious.

Really, with his decision making? Seriously doubt it. The amount of misplaced passes and lost balls in crucial areas would be beyond Xhaka level. At least in the flank he can use his best asset, dribbling, with lower risk level for conceding

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Starting to think if we're not better off with someone else getting the minutes he gets. Nelson and another winger can easily replace Iwobi's and Mkhitaryan's end product for this team.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not if he's gonna control the ball like he did today. I'm afraid he will just end up like Chamberlain (with less value). There is a clear pattern with him where he plays like sh*t when he plays regularly but when he is benched for some time and you put him in he looks top class. He played like that under Wenger and also under Emery at the beginning of the season but now when he is more or less regular first team player he looks like league two player.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
How many times have you watched Nelson play? Lingard is also nearly 26, at least three and half years older than all of the players you listed. Another stupid comment from you, what a shock.
Lingard plays regularly for the biggest club in England, Nelson is a bench warmer at a small German club.

Gunner140

I thought that Iwobi made one brilliant pass for Kola, but the chance was kind of poorly wasted. I think that it's hard to signal out Iwobi in a match where no one really performed well (except Torreira).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Really frustrated with Iwobi's performance of late it honestly looked at one stage like he was really maturing and showing what qualities he has. Now it seems like he's reverted back to his old ways, doing too much being indecisive and in general just making terrible decisions a lot of the time and not really impacting the game in a positive way.

Jae

Really, with his decision making? Seriously doubt it. The amount of misplaced passes and lost balls in crucial areas would be beyond Xhaka level. At least in the flank he can use his best asset, dribbling, with lower risk level for conceding

I'm not so sure to be honest buddy. His strengths are the polar opposite to Xhaka in my opinion.

His decision making isn't the best but his general all around game is actually that bad. He messes stuff up but it tends to be that incisive ball in the final third or trying to be too clever and our play breaks down. At least it doesn't lead to goals.

He's shown at times he's got decent vision, he's quick, athletic, extremely difficult to knock off the ball, knows how to ride a challenge and shield the ball plus his link up play is half decent.

People were ranting and raving about him at the beginning of the season, at times he's looked like a world beater. Now he looks awful.

I still think there's a great player in there somewhere, just not sure if we'll ever see it regularly. You could say that about the majority of our team though.

He's definitely a confidence player (along with Mhkitaryan).

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Sometimes you just don’t have your day... he still showed his quality with that reverse ball to Kola that should have ended up a goal.

I have faith in Iwobi. :D

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Iwobi has a lot of quality. He also tries to make things happen. Along with Bellerin, he's been our most improved player.

He can play wide in a 3 or centrally in a 3. Good option to have.

Reactions: A_G

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
His performances have improved this season- it’d be wrong to suggest otherwise. But his productivity is still unacceptably low.

One league goal and two assists. It’s clear he’s not a natural finisher, but he plays enough to have a more significant output. Need more from him in that regard.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Iwobi is highly frustrating but he is still only 22. I've wanted him gone but the early improvements under Emery gave me hope that he can reach a higher level. I still think he can given the improvement I saw in him recently.

I also enjoyed reading the article in the Daily Record yesterday where he said he was told he could leave Arsenal and was fairly advanced in talks with Celtic but opted to stay and fight for his place at Arsenal. Thay shows a lot of character. With Emery a manager who is very thorough and a player with character and ability I'd expect good results.

Tomb Bombadil

Iwobi is highly frustrating but he is still only 22. I've wanted him gone but the early improvements under Emery gave me hope that he can reach a higher level. I still think he can given the improvement I saw in him recently.
Plus he's from our own youth, home-grown and no big salary.

I'm also frustrated more often than not with Iwobi and I still think he won't make it as a regular starter but we also need squad players. With some improvement he will be a valuable squad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom