• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He is starting to feel abit like Welbz, gets your hopes up and have a few good games only to suck. British mentality?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I remember the days when we had Ljumber, Hleb and Arshavin... now we have this piece of wood called Iwobi who cannot even kick the ball like a man. Every time he hits the ball he throws all the body like he had no muscles on the back and sends the ball 5 meters away in slow motion.

He cannot 1vs1 like a proper winger. I want a proper winger for the gods love!!!

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Nope.

He keeps running down dead ends, can't pass, can't shoot and has terrible decision making. Apart from the odd decent pass and mazy dribble he hasn't offered anything for well over a month.

created both goals
he can resolve very tricky situations, he can dribble, he can run trought players, he can finish,

but most important he is very intelligent.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He has made steps forward but his end product just doesnt show any hint of appearing.

HBL

Established Member
created both goals
he can resolve very tricky situations, he can dribble, he can run trought players, he can finish,

but most important he is very intelligent.
Probably the least intelligent player in the team.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Only slight defence is that his best form came as a winger, not as this inside AM position he’s been playing with the back 3.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Retreated back into his shell IMO. Still lacking conviction in pressure areas. Did well to aid both goals at the early stage of the moves but just doesn't have as much quality as one would like in some situations. Think it's more psychological personally.

say yes

forum master baiter
He had a decent start to the season but is now back to his old ways.

Sick of the sight of him tbh. Nowhere near good enough.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Retreated back into his shell IMO. Still lacking conviction in pressure areas. Did well to aid both goals at the early stage of the moves but just doesn't have as much quality as one would like in some situations. Think it's more psychological personally.

That's a worry as not every player overcomes this well enough. I wonder if a move to a lesser club might be better for him in terms of pressure.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That's a worry as not every player overcomes this well enough. I wonder if a move to a lesser club might be better for him in terms of pressure.
Possibly. You look at his younger contemporaries at the club currently - Smith-Rowe and Saka are the two wide players (although Smith-Rowe is more AM than winger in style these days) who have looked dangerous when they've played, albeit against limited opposition. Nelson's struggled with dribbling more at this level previously but he's gotten a lot better at it - and also Nelson at the very least gets decent end product in dangerous situations. Amaechi is an unknown.

Their mentality in the final 3rd is different though. Even though Saka missed his chance, his other forays into the final 3rd were brave and confident. Iwobi lacks confidence IMO.

Manberg

Predator
I maintain, Iwobi doesn't lack confidence he lacks quality. Glimpses of good play once in a while doesn't excuse it. He's nowhere near Arsenal level and Emery should be seeing it by now. Give another youngster the chance instead, Iwobi's had plenty and it's had a bad impact on the team's performance. Nothing to lose.

Hope

Less
Absolutely doesn't deserve a place in the side. No chemistry with Auba. Not final output.

Dont understand why Emery is starting him????

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Possibly. You look at his younger contemporaries at the club currently - Smith-Rowe and Saka are the two wide players (although Smith-Rowe is more AM than winger in style these days) who have looked dangerous when they've played, albeit against limited opposition. Nelson's struggled with dribbling more at this level previously but he's gotten a lot better at it - and also Nelson at the very least gets decent end product in dangerous situations. Amaechi is an unknown.

Their mentality in the final 3rd is different though. Even though Saka missed his chance, his other forays into the final 3rd were brave and confident. Iwobi lacks confidence IMO.
I don't know if it's confidence that makes him mess up in the final third. I just don't think he has the football IQ to make a quick decision and execute. I think he's very slow thinking and dare I say more concerned with not making a mistake. I also think he's a bit lazy-he didn't stay with the runner for Saints second today. I think he could work harder on concentrating and be more aggressive in winning the ball back and pressing which would improve his overall game. He's a bit powder puff and I've no idea how you give a player like this confidence. Miki scored twice but still had a less than stellar game. Contrast our players with Shaquiri for Liverpool vs Utd. If two very good managers can't get three good games in a row out of Iwobi and his ilk,then what do we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom