• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He is Chamberlain Mk.2

When getting into the box, he either does the most obvious thing which is lay the ball for wingback that gets easily intercepted or does something that is completely out, like trying to shoot through a crowd of players.

There were high hopes that he will be one of the players to improve under Emery, but it seems like it's just not working out for him. A loan is not an option, but Emery shoudl probably work with him to play only for a single position. Not anymore of this AM, LW etc....

progman07

Established Member
He is Chamberlain Mk.2

When getting into the box, he either does the most obvious thing which is lay the ball for wingback that gets easily intercepted or does something that is completely out, like trying to shoot through a crowd of players.

There were high hopes that he will be one of the players to improve under Emery, but it seems like it's just not working out for him. A loan is not an option, but Emery shoudl probably work with him to play only for a single position. Not anymore of this AM, LW etc....
Unfortunately yes, I love Iwobi's dynamism, but he does not seem to make one single good decision in the final third.

In the middle of the opposition half he can pick good passes to our fullbacks (we did score a few goals out of gameplays like them), or make good cut-backs, but when he should be getting into the box, take a shot, play a through ball, play a one-two, he most often fails, or picks an easier option.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
his passing is good, and his decisions in CM areas is quite nice.

Becomes brain-dead in the penalty area.

thierrytheking14

Gash.

Little or no consistency. Little or no end product.

Give him to the end of the season to see if he can recover some of the promise he showed couple years back. If not, get bloody rid.

Manberg

Predator
He’s been getting way too many chances and he hasn’t delivered, to the detriment of the team. I fail to see why Emery doesn’t drop him and give someone else from the academy the chance. What’s there to lose?

juice man

Can't make his mind up
He’s just playing way too much right now. I’m happy to keep him around as a squad player and let him learn through more limited chances (IMO he’s performed better in his Arsenal career when not regularly relied upon). But we can’t keep persisting with him as a regular, it’s not working for him or the club.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He’s been getting way too many chances and he hasn’t delivered, to the detriment of the team. I fail to see why Emery doesn’t drop him and give someone else from the academy the chance. What’s there to lose?
The players who can play that wide position are pretty young to be fair. Nketiah is more of a CF while Willock is more of a CM these days. And it seems AMN is destined to be consigned unwillingly to full-back forever and ever.

Which leaves Smith-Rowe, Amaechi (who's just come back from injury) and Saka (who's not even a 2nd year scholar yet). I can see Smith-Rowe getting a shot when he is more ready after his groin problem. I'd love to see Amaechi or Saka get a shot, but they're both 17. It's a longshot.

HBL

Established Member
The players who can play that wide position are pretty young to be fair. Nketiah is more of a CF while Willock is more of a CM these days. And it seems AMN is destined to be consigned unwillingly to full-back forever and ever.

Which leaves Smith-Rowe, Amaechi (who's just come back from injury) and Saka (who's not even a 2nd year scholar yet). I can see Smith-Rowe getting a shot when he is more ready after his groin problem. I'd love to see Amaechi or Saka get a shot, but they're both 17. It's a longshot.
Saka, Nketiah or Smith-Rowe may as well get a chance in the next month or so, they can't contribute any less than Iwobi is.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Saka, Nketiah or Smith-Rowe may as well get a chance in the next month or so, they can't contribute any less than Iwobi is.
Smith-Rowe is the next in line. The manager likes him, he's solid technically and makes good decisions around the final 3rd. Good athlete too. I just think he's better centrally than out wide. Same with Nketiah - good all-round play, good in final 3rd, better centrally. Can't wait till the goals start flowing for him in the first team.

I think personally it should be Saka though if it's gonna be any of those 3 to get ahead of Iwobi. Actually is a wide player, has the right amount of directness, is good on the ball and technically secure. He's more raw but his chance creating potential is very high. Both he and Xavier Amaechi create a lot of chances for others and themselves due to their style of play. We miss that from wide positions, that ability to break defenses down with raw, direct dribbling.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
He is Chamberlain Mk.2

Chamberlain was a world class prospect before injuries
iwobi doe not look like having injury issues.

believe in the boy he will come good.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Keeping him in the shop window?

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

One of those to add to my list of who I thought were going to be stars for us. Goes in the bin alongside Carlos Vela :(

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
11 goals in 121 games is just terrible for any sort of attacking player, no matter their age.
Ramsey has 50 goals in 250, and he is considered to be elite goalscoring midfielder.

Iwobi not uprooting trees but he has been very useful.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hes 22 now and played quite a lot of games for us and still has big issues in his game. I dont know how much longer you cam gove him but he has the benefit of us losing Ramsey and a problem with Özil so he wont be gone any time soon.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The whole Özil thing is a now a certified 100% circus, Miki is dead.

Iwobi has been handed the opportunity of a lifetime on a plate, and he's pissing it all away :( :(

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He'll get another opportunity tonight I reckon. This time against tougher opponents.

I hope he takes it. Because if he continues his December form he won't be riding the bench when everyone is fit. He'll be in the stands watching.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Chamberlain was a world class prospect before injuries
iwobi doe not look like having injury issues.

believe in the boy he will come good.

Yes so do I , up to him how he wants his career to pan out .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom