• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Well I'm not talking about 30+ but somewhere in the region of 20 - 30m. There's enough clubs willing to pay that kind of money, just look at their transfer records.

I reckon we could get 30-35 m from the right team , right now . People didn't think we could get 20-30 for the Ox or no top team would go for Ramsey . Iwobi is a ball carrier and a hard worker off it , as Iwrite this not out of the realms of possibility we get 40 million.

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
If we can get something between 20-25m or more than do it in the summer. We need every little help to improve our first team.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we can get something between 20-25m or more than do it in the summer. We need every little help to improve our first team.
he's already improving our team.

This is like selling the only car you have to buy two ****tier cars.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need better players than him in our first team if we have higher aspirations than being a consistent Europa League team. Sell him and anyone else we can improve on.
I'd sell every non-HG player before I even think about Iwobi...El-Nenny, Mustafi, Kola,Mkhi and a few others are worse than him.

If anything, he can sit on the bench for a few seasons before deciding if he has progressed or regressed.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I have a lot of time for Iwobi, I would not sell him. In a perfect world we’d have an established first 11 with clear roles and he could develop behind those guys. Now he’s in an out in different positions, roles. I guess at least he gets a lot of PL hours in at his age, not many will.

Look at for example our 0-2 against huddersfield, Iwobi receives the ball in the middle of the pitch from Koscielny. A hard pass, controls it with his left foot, ball is dead in one touch, and he plays a perfect pass through to Mkhi with his right foot. All this time his head is up, he’s looking what the next move will be, where he will go afterwards. You will say well he had all the time in the world. I say that works against the best teams in the world too under pressure. That’s why I think he’s special and he was like this from the moment he came through. Now its time to develop further.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I'd sell every non-HG player before I even think about Iwobi...El-Nenny, Mustafi, Kola,Mkhi and a few others are worse than him.

If anything, he can sit on the bench for a few seasons before deciding if he has progressed or regressed.
Keep him on the bench for a few years and then decide he's not good enough lol, this is how we have ended up where we are, we've trusted these young players too often and for too long.

The home grown thing is irrelevant when we have so many talented homegrown youngsters who can fill the quota. Hell even Emile Smith Rowe is ready to contribute the 4-5 goals that Iwobi contributes right now.

There are many talented attacking midfielders/wingers in the mold of Iwobi, some of which even more talented, who we could sign. I say if a 20m+ offer arrives, take it and use it to sign someone better-- how is this a bad thing?

Chambers is another player who we can use to increase our transfer money for the summer, I'd take any good offer for him too.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

I don't think we can sell any of them because of their high wages and low output. The only players we could sell are AMN, Chambers, Holding, Nelson and Iwobi, all young and on relatively low wage with decent output and resale value.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Keep him on the bench for a few years and then decide he's not good enough lol, this is how we have ended up where we are, we've trusted these young players too often and for too long.

The home grown thing is irrelevant when we have so many talented homegrown youngsters who can fill the quota. Hell even Emile Smith Rowe is ready to contribute the 4-5 goals that Iwobi contributes right now.

There are many talented attacking midfielders/wingers in the mold of Iwobi, some of which even more talented, who we could sign. I say if a 20m+ offer arrives, take it and use it to sign someone better-- how is this a bad thing?

Chambers is another player who we can use to increase our transfer money for the summer, I'd take any good offer for him too.
how do we decide if ESR has what it takes? At no point did he seem immediately better than Iwobi. Iwobi is close to a 100 games for us and a regular International.

You show him some patience for a few more seasons, and he will return the patience with his performance, and/or a good transfer value. Sell him too quickly, and you might see him go and light it up somewhere else.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Thought he played alright in spells yesterday but still managed to fluff two golden opportunities to make things comfortable at 2-0.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
how do we decide if ESR has what it takes? At no point did he seem immediately better than Iwobi. Iwobi is close to a 100 games for us and a regular International.

You show him some patience for a few more seasons, and he will return the patience with his performance, and/or a good transfer value. Sell him too quickly, and you might see him go and light it up somewhere else.
We decide by giving him some minutes, if ESR doesn't work out we move him on too. It's business, there's no point in getting attached to players.

As for Iwobi it's not too quickly is it? As you say he has played 100 games with us and people still are not sure about quality. You have to make the decision unless you're sure he's going to be top class.

ksarp

We decide by giving him some minutes, if ESR doesn't work out we move him on too. It's business, there's no point in getting attached to players.

As for Iwobi it's not too quickly is it? As you say he has played 100 games with us and people still are not sure about quality. You have to make the decision unless you're sure he's going to be top class.

Excellent post. We tried the “ cuddle and hope” approach, ended up with the likes of Wilshere , AMN, Gibbs etc. Now it’s the “ potential to delivery on pitch by 23 or sell” approach. This is a business, man. Sentimentality takes a back seat.

HBL

Established Member
Excellent post. We tried the “ cuddle and hope” approach, ended up with the likes of Wilshere , AMN, Gibbs etc. Now it’s the “ potential to delivery on pitch by 23 or sell” approach. This is a business, man. Sentimentality takes a back seat.
There will be a few regrets if we do this

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Good player - calls to sell are ridiculous. Him being in the line-up gives licence for Laca and Aba both to start imo.
Scored and assisted. Been one of our better players this season. Still a squad man in my eyes, but a very solid one.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Were the away fans really booing Iwobi when he came off ? We got a growing problem if this is true.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I think ESR in his brief moments has looked better. ESR looks to be in control and calm. Iwobi always seems panicked and nervous. If he scores,I feel surprise and relief as opposed to expectant. I haven't seen a significant improvement in his deficiencies this season either. We could keep him fora few seasons but we did that with Jack and Theo when it was evident at least four years before they left that they would never work out for us. Sell with a buy back clause if necessary. I'd be surprised if he turned out to be the first player to tear it up elsewhere for years.

Brett

Were the away fans really booing Iwobi when he came off ? We got a growing problem if this is true.
Arsenal fans have been lied to for the past 10 years. Unfortunately the frustration is borne only by manager and players. This won't change unless we win something very soon else this will further deteriorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom