• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's following the exact trajectory of Ox.

I remember one time when Ox was doing everything except score or assist..Iwobi's going through the same phase. Except it's longer

Needs to go on a scoring run...

OSBK

Established Member
Thought he was poor tbh. His weight of pass is not great, so many times Özil played into him and the return was overhit. 2nd half Özil didnt pass to him much at all. He has a outstanding first touch.

These games he should be shining and showcasing his talent against what was very poor opposition.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I thought he had a good game. Still dribbles himself into corners at times but I thought he was better than he has been
Had two good chances he could've done more with, would've looked a lot different if he converted one of those chances.

What bothers me is that his passing was very poor today, like OSBK said. It happens with a lot of our players (the technical ability of our squad is shamefully poor), which is what annoys me most about the current Arsenal.

Iwobi has the ability to do better, which is even more frustrating. I've always supported him and want him to do well, but at some point it is enough. I'm leaning more and more towards selling him and bringing in a proper winger.

goonerfamily

He really looks a player at times. If he adds end product, he could be a very big player for us. That's a big if though. Hope his injury isn't serious.

I dont se what he brings to the game that is so god!?
If we want to be a club fighting for place 5-10 and dont want to be playing in CL and so on, then yes i would play Iwobi each night.
But if we want to play for top 4 and CL each season then i dont belive Iwobi should be a startingplayer....

ptrcopp

Don't think he often has a real plan of what he wants to do as he approaches the box. Like he makes moves hoping something will open up instead of looking to make something in particular happen.

This is the difference between elite coaching and what Iwobi has received.

There’s obviously a difference in quality, but C. Ronaldo and Sterling looked the same.

But it’s weird. Because Walcott has the opposite problem here.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
will say it again, his final third game is not at high level atm, but everything else he does he is doing it at high level. no wonder both Nacho and Kola like him.
probably my fav player to watch until we get close to the goal

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
will say it again, his final third game is not at high level atm, but everything else he does he is doing it at high level. no wonder both Nacho and Kola like him.
probably my fav player to watch until we get close to the goal
Think it was @American_Gooner who said it is a mental thing. Similar thing happened to Ramsey in 2013 and Wenger said, " All he needs is a couple of goals and then he won't stop scoring". Which is exactly what happened.
I hope and pray for an Alex Iwobi goal in each game to set aside the small doubts he may have and kick him off properly.

May i ask what did he do that was so god today?? I did not see that for sure..

First half he was terrible...
He didnt do anything going forward and in the defence he just created problem for Nacho..
You cant stand in between 2 players and just look at the ball, you must try and take it or at least put some pressure or take and mark your guy and let your temamates do it..
Watch the game again and have a look at what Iwobi does when Sp**s has the ball, he is useless...
If he was creative and a threat going forward i would take it but he doesnt create much in either end of the pitch..

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah I don't think he had a good game either.

Iwobi is at this point where fans are overcompensating for being mean to him by now overly praising him. He doesn't really offer much in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom