Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by beaney, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksarp

ksarp Well-Known Member

He's making progress.

2. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Didn't think he had a good game , decision making let him down today . Very average shot in the first half considering he time he had to measure it .

3. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

bewildering game. somethings he did very well, and sometimes you wondered why he was on the pitch in the first place.

4. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Bit of a hit and miss game for him, but he has gotten better this season. His lows aren't as low as they were.

celestis likes this.
  5. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

Proficient with the ball, asides from that, seems to offer nothing a regular professional could offer.

FreddieLjungberg likes this.
  6. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

He was involved in the second half chance presented on plate for Lacazette. He also did well to find space to register that short on target. Remember the aim of the game was to contain and hit Sp**s on the break. Full backs don't trust him they stand back when facing him. I have seen him beat Alexandra Anorld, trippier found him to be quite handful. He has to stay behind and work on his shooting.

7. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

It’s all good improving, but there are many better options out there which could improve us, if we want to stay a developing club forever then we should keep repeating the cycle we have been for years.

If we want to step up, then that’s what we should do.

8. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Good squaddie but another who's just not ruthless enough.

9. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

I think he didn't use his body properly yesterday. When I look at him I would expect that he would be able to shield the ball from Tripier but he was losing it all the time. He was much better when he was charging on their box but that's something that is already polished in his game.

celestis likes this.
  10. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Impressive thing for me is his injury record. He’s always healthy.

11. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Trash as always these days. Incredible how such a nothing player gets so many minutes for us.

Wouldn't hack it at Watford ffs.

FreddieLjungberg and OSBK like this.
  12. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

People are scared to criticise him nowadays, let's be honest we've needed better wide players for years now. It's the only reason he's getting games.

FreddieLjungberg likes this.
  13. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Yeah I was surprised by that .

14. say yes

say yes To VAR

I liked his performance yesterday.

Good hustle and had some quality touches on the ball. He’s obviously not top class but he never hid or looked overawed by the occasion.

Tir Na Nog and Camron like this.
  15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Protector of RonaldoMadness

Doesn’t offer nothing that a lot of players couldn’t offer.

That said, maybe Emery and Webber before him, are persisting because he’s showing more in training.

16. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

He was defending like an idiot yesterday, amateur mistakes.. Really baffling and luckily Sp**s couldn’t punish us for it.

celestis likes this.
  17. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Kept losing the ball or passing it straight to them, tbf Ramsey did as well but at least he got the goal.

18. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

I don't think he meant to score but hey, they all count.

krackpot likes this.
  19. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

That goal might be the one that saves our Europa League campaign. Right now we only need 2 goals, if we had left Rennes with a 3-0 defeat, the task would have been much harder if not impossible.

If Iwobi hadn't scored, we would need 4 goals at the Emirates, 5 if Rennes manage to fluke one. As it is, 2-0 will see us through.

krackpot likes this.
  20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

He going from bad 5 games 1 good game to 1 bad game 1 good game a good improvement

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.