• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He just doesn't seem to put his laces through the ball when striking it. Such a weak shot on him. Özil also has a weak shot but he has the skill to bounce the ball when hitting it.
He leans back as well. Which is why even if he manages to generate power he balloons it over the bar

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He just doesn't seem to put his laces through the ball when striking it. Such a weak shot on him. Özil also has a weak shot but he has the skill to bounce the ball when hitting it.
Shooting technique can be trained, it's just a question if you go to the training ground and have a good laugh with your mates or you go there and improve things that you are not good at.
I can't remember when was the last time someone improved at Arsenal, so I do question training environment within our club.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Iwobi needs improving upon however we were significantly better once he came on. There are other areas of the squad to address first such as the entire defence

Had a lot of drive and upped our attacking game when he came on... But if you can't score goals as attacker at this level, at a club who want to compete. What are you good for. This is like a guy who can run 41 km but breaks down in the final km.

say yes

forum master baiter
The shot was pathetic and we all knew that it would be before he even hit it.

It’s pretty obvious that he’s not good enough to start here and never will be.

Still, I wouldn’t be trying to force a sale this summer. He’s young, on low wages, and we’re so limited already out wide I’m not sure its wise to sell one of the few players in our squad who can actually play there.

Much bigger fish to fry.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He neither places the ball nor strikes it with power, he really needs to choose one. I know it's the heat of the moment that's keeping him from keeping his composure but he's got to put in the hours and develop the muscle memory.

I think it'd also be interesting to play him in a deeper role, as has often been suggested in the past.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Scapegoat. Only wide man who takes players on in our entire side and even then it may not be his most suited position.

He is suffering from the poverty we have in wide positions, how can any side (never mind a side with aspirations of playing CL football) not have at least two quick agile wingers who can take players on??? Iwobi isnt even quick anyway lol

After CB its the most important signing of the summer for us, it will make our attacking play so much less tedious

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Very unimpressive game from Iwobi. He wasn't terrible, but definitely was not good either. He's playing in attack yet can't score or lay on chances regularly. I've got time for him but surely he has to be replaced ASAP as a starter.

DasBootist

At least he didn't give the ball away leading to the free-kick from which Wolves scored.

Nelson being trusted as a first team member and a new signing in the sumner (would love it if it were Neres) would be agreeable.

progman07

Established Member
Good option as a squad player, he brings a certain drive to the team, but seriously needs to up his game next season. His decision-making and risk aversity in the final 3rd is killing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom