• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEconomist

Established Member
I thought I'd look at his stats in the league against ozils. They're both pretty dire.

Iwobi - played 25, 3 goals, 6 assists
Özil - played 24, 5 goals, 2 assists

This translates to:

Iwobi - 0.09 goals per game, 0.17 assists per game
Özil - 0.21 assists per game, 0.09 assists per game

Verdict: they both suck - but given that iwobi probably earns less than 1/5 of what Özil does, let's get rid of Özil and let iwobi hang around as a squad player if no one wants him. He reminds me a bit of players like Giroud, Almunia, etc. An average player who tries his best. Its not his fault he's first choice for arsenal. He probably knows himself he isn't good enough. Lets just get an upgrade and keep him around for squad depth

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
his body strength is great, knows how to protect the ball and is very comfortable with it in his feet. Knows how to find little pockets of space and adjust his body. Also has a pass on him.

finishing is his problem but I think he would find it easier to finish those once more central.
Still, I am saying false 9, where he wouldn't be seen as a goal scorer but someone doing all the stuff I mentioned, opening up space for wide forwards who would be our main scorers.

then again, it's a tactical thing. we would need to play that way, and Iwobi wouldn't be even close to our first option there, but to me it's a very interesting one.

it's what I would like to see Laca play.
it's similar to what Tadic has been doing for Ajax. It's what basically got invented in Holland.
it's what Cruyff likes from his man up top, as false 9, in a 433, and I am on that train

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Iwobi shouldn’t be getting anymore games for Arsenal let alone finding a new position for him, he’ll be in the championship once he leaves Arsenal like Gibbs. We’re always giving careers to these players they wouldn’t get anywhere else, Charity FC.

You lot moan about a player all season then feel sympathy for him all of a sudden, you’re like a bunch of girls who can’t get over their ex.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
...and some of us are like bunch of guys who don't see what a gem of a girl they have until somebody else starts ****ing her

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Iwobi shouldn’t be getting anymore games for Arsenal let alone finding a new position for him, he’ll be in the championship once he leaves Arsenal like Gibbs. We’re always giving careers to these players they wouldn’t get anywhere else, Charity FC.

You lot moan about a player all season then feel sympathy for him all of a sudden, you’re like a bunch of girls who can’t get over their ex.
As opposed to you who would sell every player and go a season with Auba and Leno...
We can't sell everybody. Iwobi needs to be upgraded on, I agree, but we will need the depth for all the competions we're in.

BigPoppaPump

As opposed to you who would sell every player and go a season with Auba and Leno...
We can't sell everybody. Iwobi needs to be upgraded on, I agree, but we will need the depth for all the competions we're in.

I would sell every player apart from like 4 but it is unrealistic.

But Iwobi/Kolasiniac are the weakest link in this team.

BigPoppaPump

Worse than Mustafi?
I honestly think we could use them if they simply weren't relied upon as starters.

I’m not really sure how bad Mustafi is on account of him being scapegoated and the propoganda that comes with that. Like every mistake is amplified compared to our other defenders.

Is he really a weak link or is the chain already broken?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I’m not really sure how bad Mustafi is on account of him being scapegoated and the propoganda that comes with that. Like every mistake is amplified compared to our other defenders.

Is he really a weak link or is the chain already broken?
I also think he may have been scapegoated somewhat but if you go look at our goals conceded this season there are about 5 or 6 which are as a direct result of him. He IS NOT top quality at all. He makes extremely stupid blunders which he's never going to get over as a player. And worst bit is he constantly craps his team mates out for mistakes he makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom