Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by beaney, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripe Banana

Ripe Banana Member

Wonder if those that constantly make excuses for Özil would make the same excuses for Iwobi

2. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

A-M sure loves Özil!

3. The White Pelè

The White Pelè Active Member

Had high hopes for him at the start of the season. He looked lively and wasn't afraid to take on his opponent, then he has basically become usless.

Tourbillion likes this.
  4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Protector of RonaldoMadness

Obviously not because Iwobi doesn’t have a track record to fall back on.

Don’t know why you’re so hard on this.

5. IchirotoV2

IchirotoV2 Well-Known Member

Do you have a comparison of times dispossessed, number of misplaced passes and goals/shots on target?

It would be interesting to see

RacingPhoton likes this.
  6. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Scapegoat and Mustafi should never ever be used in the same sentence.

7. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

8. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

There was a game recently, sometime in March or April can’t remember where we dropped
    Mustafi and our defence was still a shambles making mistakes.

Not saying Mustafi isn’t **** but our other CB’s don’t do themselves any glory either. Look at Koscielny, considered one of the best by Arsenal fans but he’s been a mainstay in so many bad defences. Can’t be that good then.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  9. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

You could say that about our entire defence, as well as players like Xhaka.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  10. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I dunno with this guy. I mean, if I was manager, there's still quite a bit I could do with him but if it's wide player or bust then I think we should sell. But I'd like to see how he does in a midfield role. I don't think he's particularly a great defender, but I think with his body strength, all-round dribbling ability and his ability to pass when he's not in the final 3rd :)lol:) could still be very useful.

I just think Emery won't want to touch that idea and that would be a disappointment - so it's probably better we sell as he does not have the output we need from a wide-forward. Shame, because I actually think Iwobi is a good player.

krackpot likes this.
  11. Zaza

Zaza Well-Known Member

He clearly doesn't like playing out wide anymore and it's starting to show.
    I would keep him. He gets unnecessary stick for a player so young.
    He started off the season well but as usual he faded off. This is something he can sort out as he gets older.
    So many of these young wingers we get linked to aren't better than Iwobi(i.e Sarr, Cengiz, etc).

krackpot and celestis like this.
  12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Protector of RonaldoMadness

Don’t know what his level is but Sarr looks interesting, can play both both wide spots and through the middle too. Very quick and direct.

Not seen a enough though to make a judgement.

13. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Same here I’ve not seen much but heard he is very direct and has blistering pace which sounds great and what we need atm. Any idea on his price?

14. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

There is a string of wingers and am's that we are not linked with and not playing in the top 6 that are miles better than iwobi. How about jota? He has been electric this season and would fit nicely into our system. This whole wenger thing of hang into them because you never know is dragging us down, that mindset has to go or jenks will be here when he is 40. Iwobi is not a young kid, he is the same as amn and has alot of chances to show his worth and keeps coming up short.

RacingPhoton and Wrighty4eva like this.
  15. Alkane

Alkane Well-Known Member

Not good enough. Had ample time to prove himself, at points thought he could’ve made it here but his end product is non existent, midtable PL at best

Wrighty4eva likes this.
  16. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

How does that logic work though? The guy who much more is expected of, gets the easier ride? Why? It's like you got two kids, one is an A student and the other tries his hardest but just isn't that smart. Come exams day, the A student sh!ts the bed and ends up getting the same score as his dumb brother...

Who's arse you going to kick? What, you're going to give the A student a pass because he done well once upon a time? That's backward as ****.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  17. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

He's still here o_O....

OSBK likes this.
  18. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Keep , there's a few more gears in there . Good start to the season and faded a bit but that's due to someone still developing who isn't as mature mentally as others . He'll get there and if he makes a concerted effort fixing his technique in front of goal then he will be an interesting prospect.

krengon, krackpot and yybecause like this.
  19. Jasard

Jasard No longer wants to #PlayAMNInMidfield

Doesn't help that he has no competition for his role or even a single winger to learn from.

Camron and Red London like this.
  20. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 Still Hating Reed in 2019

That has to be a joke. Iwobi is far inferior to both of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.